Noob Horse pics

Name
Julia
Edit My Images
Yes
While I'm saving for my D80 I thought I would practice with what I have, which is a Finepix S5500. Here are the only shots I thought were any good at all. The sun was behind the horse which made it difficult to get the light right but I gave it a shot!

Please click for a bigger picture. I am working on the proper way to post pics but so far this is the best I can do!

Any advice would be appreciated, but please don't be too harsh, I know they aren't of a good standard.

Thanks for looking :)

Hi Cutsie, welcome to TP.:wave:

Firstly I need to say I'm no expert (as you'll see if you look at any of my posts :LOL:) so any advice I give is just my humble opinion, feel free to ignore it or tell me I'm wrong I don't mind.:D

The shots you've posted are OK but you need to have a think about composition and what's going on around your subject. In the second shot there's to much stuff detracting from the horse. In the first shot you're shooting into the sun which has taken a lot of detail in the subject.

I can strongly recommend spending some time in the tutorial forums as there is an amazing amount of information and good advice in there and you'll learn so much very quickly, I know I have.

Please don't be disheartened, you'll find that the DSLR gives you so much extra control that your photography comes on in leaps and bounds. As I said it's just my opinion, which ain't worth a lot:)

Thanks for the advice, I'll def spend some time reading anything that can help me!

I agree with you on all the points you made about the shots. I think I really need to work on composition as don't have an eye for it yet...but I will :D

It's just practice practice practice, but hey that's the fun part.

Back