Noob Question About Elements 2

Edit My Images
Yes
I've saved some images in both Raw and JPEG into the "My Docs" folder on my PC...When I open up Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 and view the folder, all it shows is the JPEGs...If I open the folders with Canons Digital Photo Professional they display ok...

How do I view and work on the RAW files?

Also, at what point should I be converting the images to TIFF; is this to store the final version of an image?

Thanks in advance,

Pete

You'll need adobe camera RAW to work with photoshop but I don't thin it was supported until version3. Without it you can't edit raw shots in elements. If it doesn't work with elements 2 try picking up a copy of RawShooter essentials if you can still get it or upgrade to elements4. Alternatively your camera software my have a RAW converter with it. You save as a TIFF once you've done the conversion in your RAW edior. It saves as a seperate file to your RAW image so if you don't like it you can always go back to the original raw image and start again. hope this helps, if not someone else will be along ina bit who can explain things better than me.

Kevin,

Thanks for that...I assume that Digital Photo Professional is the RAW convertor as that has allowed me to save as a TIFF...

With regards Elements, it looks like I will need to Upgrade to Elements 4...:(

I was hoping to try some of Bachs tutorials but they are written in CS2 and theres enough of a difference to confuse a completed beginner like myself :(

Thanks for the help,

Pete

you don't need to get cs2. I've got a link for a guy who has written plug ins for elements containing most of the missing bits like curves and masks that you get in cs2 and they're free.

Thanks folks...

I'm looking at getting a graphics tablet and I believe that comes with Elements 4, so I'll wait until I install that...

Regards,

Pete

Back