noob question about filters

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
Ok this is an idiot question. I just bought a Hoya UV filter for my Sigma 17-70mm lens. How the hell I fit it?

Are there diff filters with diff threads etc and i bought the wrong one, or do you buy adapters?

Sorry for being a noob, just can't find this seemingly obvious answer anywhere :wacky:

Ok this is an idiot question. I just bought a Hoya UV filter for my Sigma 17-70mm lens. How the hell I fit it?

Are there diff filters with diff threads etc and i bought the wrong one, or do you buy adapters?

Sorry for being a noob, just can't find this seemingly obvious answer anywhere :wacky:

Filters just come in different sizes. It will tell you what size filter you need on the end of your lens. You need a 72mm filter for this lens.

It should just screw onto the front of the lens, I doubt it's different threads :thinking: is it the same diameter as the lens?

Ok, it should just screw on via the internal thread at the front element of the lens, clockwise

yep thx guys, you sussed it, I managed to buy a 77 instead of a 72, dunno how I got that wrong :(

lol thx m8, good job is wasn't a pro :p

Back