Nordschleife

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No
Anyone shot here? I'm there on Saturday and looking to make some decent compositions.
Of course, I'd love to walk round the whole track, but I think that may be a bit of a stretch. Any pointers would be welcome
Cheers

You will find that the track/road is surrounded with catch fencing. However, at every location that has a good view, they have very thoughtfully provided cut outs in the fence for photographers. the cut outs are not very tall, probably only 200mm but are quite long in most places, at least a metre. As you will only be panning horizontally, they work out fine.

One of the more iconic areas to photograph is from the bridge in Adenau. You can walk up steps at that point which lead you up to the path around the track and several corners are easily reachable from that location.

Have fun, its a great place to be.

You will find that the track/road is surrounded with catch fencing. However, at every location that has a good view, they have very thoughtfully provided cut outs in the fence for photographers. the cut outs are not very tall, probably only 200mm but are quite long in most places, at least a metre. As you will only be panning horizontally, they work out fine.

One of the more iconic areas to photograph is from the bridge in Adenau. You can walk up steps at that point which lead you up to the path around the track and several corners are easily reachable from that location.

Have fun, its a great place to be.

Thanks for the info, I managed to check it before I hit the circuit. Unfortunately, all plans went out the window due to the torrential rain.
The cut outs are pretty useful, though a lot of people camped out at those spots, even for the VLN which didn't seem to be too busy, perhaps due to the weather.
Still, its an incredibly photogenic circuit to shoot, and I'm making plans to get back out there before the end of the year if possible, or next year as a worse case.
If you're interested, a few of my shots are up on https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/the-green-hell.629157/
Thanks again

If you can get to the outside of the Karussel corner you should get some cracking shots. Around Brunnchen too - quite a few come off there.
From memory there is a car park near Brunnchen and we found a walk through the woods to the outside of the Karussel - well worth the walk I thought :)
Old pic from 2010 when I first got a DSLR
Karussel - Nurburgring by Julian Provis, on Flickr

Stay safe and have fun

Last edited:
Back