Norfolk Broads

2 lovely images.

Very nice. And welcome!

Very good!
The second is especially my favourite! Nice!

Both nice and the B+W works. Think No 2 could do with a wee counter clockwise rotation tho(y)

Nice work Justin, personally like No 1. I was looking over your web site a few days ago, before you appeared here. Very nice work..(y)
May i ask what software you use to get your monochrome ?...

Last edited:
They are lovely. They'd be even better to look at without the copyright statements though, they are an unnecessary distraction in my opinion and could be done better.

With regards to the subject of the images I think the top one is my favourite. Real interest in the clouds and their reflections in the water and the detail on the huts is fantastic. Really sharp too. I love the textures on the doors.

They are lovely. They'd be even better to look at without the copyright statements though, they are an unnecessary distraction in my opinion and could be done better.

With regards to the subject of the images I think the top one is my favourite. Real interest in the clouds and their reflections in the water and the detail on the huts is fantastic. Really sharp too. I love the textures on the doors.

Thanks for your comments, it's interesting to hear your comments on the watermark, I only post online at 800px so they aren't really necessary just for the benefit of bloggers who forget to link back to where the image came from. It may be time to do something a bit more discrete!

Nice work Justin, personally like No 1. I was looking over your web site a few days ago, before you appeared here. Very nice work..(y)
May i ask what software you use to get your monochrome ?...

Thanks Tony, out of interest can I ask how you found me?

I use Nik Silver Efex Pro plug in for photoshop CS3... I'm sure the same results could be achieved with just photoshop but it gives you a lot of control over the conversion in one place... comes highly recommended!

Lovely B&W images Justin. I had a look at your website and recognise some familiar Suffolk coastal locations. I find myself preferring the B&Ws with the fuller range of mid-tones rather than those that lean more towards contrast, but that's simply a personal foible! Some great work there.

Thanks, there's a few Essex ones in there as well... I'm just over the border near Ipswich

Very evocative black and white images, particularly like the simplicity and symmetry of the first one.

I too am a B&W and love these but No1 is my fave.

Thanks Tony, out of interest can I ask how you found me?

I use Nik Silver Efex Pro plug in for photoshop CS3... I'm sure the same results could be achieved with just photoshop but it gives you a lot of control over the conversion in one place... comes highly recommended!

Justin, I found your web site after picking up an old copy of Amature Photographer, liked your work so i then googled you...
Silver Efex, that was what I thought, I use the B/W within Nik color efex plugin with CS5, but don, t seem to get the same decent results as those using Silver Efex....
Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Back