East Anglia Norfolk Lanscapes and Wildlife.

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
I've started to do a little more walking and would like to record some of the beautful scenes around here. A trip to Buckenham Marshes was rewarded with a host of stunning wildlife. Just wish that I had taken my camera (now broken and looking for a replacement!) My phone camera is just not up to it!

Huge number of places in Norfolk.
You could do worse that to look at the Norfolk Wildlife Trust: https://www.norfolkwildlifetrust.org.uk/wildlife-in-norfolk

Then there's RSPB at Strumpshaw Fen.
Seals at Horsey Gap and Blakeney.

There's wild deer all over Norfolk in various pockets of woodland, but I find I've never got my long lens on when they appear. And you do need a long lens for wildlife.

I bought this book earlier in the year on a recommendation.
It's pretty good but I have to be honest I've not been out much this year - dedicated landscape is not my main interest and a walk that doesn't end at a pub seldom excites me :)
May be when the virus is under control I'll investigate properly

It's pretty good but I have to be honest I've not been out much this year - dedicated landscape is not my main interest and a walk that doesn't end at a pub seldom excites me :)

If you are looking for a recommended book on East Anglian locations. Then Justin Minns one linked above is the one. The photos are excellent and the location info very detailed. Why not put it on your Santa list [emoji16]

I have the @justinminns book too. Great for finding locations and he includes all the useful information like parking and the best time of year to visit, etc.
If you are on Facebook, you can also join the associated group and get a 10% discount on the book and see what other locations people are shooting.

That said, it is more landscapes in the book rather than wildlife.

I have the @justinminns book too. Great for finding locations and he includes all the useful information like parking and the best time of year to visit, etc.
If you are on Facebook, you can also join the associated group and get a 10% discount on the book and see what other locations people are shooting.

That said, it is more landscapes in the book rather than wildlife.

Got to say, I’ve had the Justin Mimms book since it was first published and I wasn’t aware of the Facebook group either. Off to join now

Thanks for buying the book. Landscape is my love so that is what my focus was when choosing the locations but that said most of them are great places for a walk and in East Anglia a good pub is rarely far away... I think you'd like North Norfolk ;)

If you are looking for a recommended book on East Anglian locations. Then Justin Minns one linked above is the one. The photos are excellent and the location info very detailed. Why not put it on your Santa list [emoji16]

Great idea:ROFLMAO:

Thanks for buying the book. Landscape is my love so that is what my focus was when choosing the locations but that said most of them are great places for a walk and in East Anglia a good pub is rarely far away... I think you'd like North Norfolk ;)

No problem - it's a stunning bit of work I just need the time and energy to explore.
I'm based half way between Norwich and Yarmouth so I need to work on making interesting pictures of the Broads.
This summer has been so weird. I've been working flat out Monday to Friday and just slumped at the weekends most of the time except when we were discouraged from travelling anyway.
Bring on the vaccine so we can get back to long walks ending in a pub without a prebooked substantial meal :)

No problem - it's a stunning bit of work I just need the time and energy to explore.
I'm based half way between Norwich and Yarmouth so I need to work on making interesting pictures of the Broads.
This summer has been so weird. I've been working flat out Monday to Friday and just slumped at the weekends most of the time except when we were discouraged from travelling anyway.
Bring on the vaccine so we can get back to long walks ending in a pub without a prebooked substantial meal :)

Thanks... The Broads is lovely, especially when it's frosty or misty and thats a wonderful bit of coastline as well.

Back