Norfolk

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent a few days last week in Norfolk, getting around familiar places and trying some new. A selection of shots taken, more are on my gallery and more still will be added over the coming weeks. Got a backlog now!

Barn Owl
IMG_7878.jpg

Golden Plovers
IMG_7714.jpg

Marsh Harriers
IMG_7760.jpg

Juve Gannet
IMG_8086.jpg

Spoonbills
IMG_7683nb.jpg

All taken with a Canon 50D and 100-400mm.

:)

Love the Barn Owl photo!
A great capture and pin sharp.
Thanks

Lovely set, are Spoonbills regular these days? I saw some at Minsmere decades ago but none since.

Great captures DP... (y) ... the Barn Owl is certainly outstanding with that fantastic warm lighting and complementing background... :clap:

The Harrier shot is well timed too... :D

The Spoonbills are pretty much regulars in North Norfolk now... :shrug:

The Gannet juv is a lovely but unusual capture for Norfolk... :thinking: ...especially sitting on dry land like that... was it alright... :cautious:

:p

Lovely images - all of them. :clap:

Can you explain what the harriers are doing? Is this a territorial dispute as one of them appears to be upside down - or am I just misreading the image.

Ken

Great Captures all of them. :clap:

As someone who does not photograph birds, due to lack of kit,
but watches from time to time, really like the Marsh Harriers in action, just great capture.

What sort of lens are you using for this?
He asks so that he can save up lots and lots of pennies to get a decent long lens lone day!!

Edit... I cannot read see the lens is already noted, need new glasses not just a long lens!!!!!!!!!

Thanks - not sure about the harriers. They practice food swaps in mid-air, so perhaps this was similar, though they might also be narked with each other!

Be nice if the spoonbills are more regular. I was going to head down to Devon to see the ones that turn up there, frequently.

great set, especially the owl (y)

Excellent set all round though that Barn Owl is exceptional.....the light you`ve caught it in is beautiful.

I like the golden plovers and the spoon bills best, nicely detailed BIF shots of unusual birds (to me anyway) :) ) Though overall its a great set :)

Back