North Cornwall Sunset (Flexbury)

Edit My Images
Yes
This was taken back at the end of May on a weekend away to North Cornwall. Stayed on a lovely (?) little campsite just 5 minutes walk from the cliffs. Would be a great location for a meet.

Fuji Provia, 90mm lens

Scotland-v2-chromes024sm.jpg

I feel a little underqualified to comment here (because it's film/slide - I don't even know which), but it looks a little over exposed and wishy-washy to me. I'm sure someone will jump all over me and tell me I'm speaking b****x, but this is what I see. :shrug:

levels.gif

foreground is ever-so-slightly underexposed i feel, try pumping the levels up on that a little bit maybe?

You could well both be right. The slide is ever so slighty underexposed. I'm also using our LCD tv as a monitor at the mo due to recent monitor death. It's impossible to calibrate even vaguely for photo work. Every chance the gamma is out.

It's a beautiful comp and light but I won't jump on a bandwagon about the misty feel

Thanks.
keith;)

Beautiful shot Gandhi - texture and detail all blending together. It looks alive!

This was taken back at the end of May on a weekend away to North Cornwall. Stayed on a lovely (?) little campsite just 5 minutes walk from the cliffs. Would be a great location for a meet.

Do you have a name for the place, also great shot but also looks a little under exposed.

Cheers for t'feedback. Campsite is

Bude Holiday Park
Maer Lane
Bude
Cornwall (East)
EX23 9EE
Tel: 01288 355955
Pitches: 250
Open: March to October

Not the nicest place I've stayed but was cheap and right next to a great location for sunsets!

Cheers for t'feedback. Campsite is

Bude Holiday Park
Maer Lane
Bude
Cornwall (East)
EX23 9EE
Tel: 01288 355955
Pitches: 250
Open: March to October

Not the nicest place I've stayed but was cheap and right next to a great location for sunsets!

Thanks for that only a hour or so away so might give it a go (y)

Hi,
lovely shot.

I see this view almost every day because I deliver to Bude Holiday Park and to Crooklets Beach as part of my day job.

I glad you have shared this with the rest of us. (y)

love the colours. something i struggle with is shooting into the sun, which you have managed to do very well. Im sure you can sort the F/G out when you get a new moniter, thought it doesnt look too bad to me

cracking shot

on this monitor though it's as if there's a white layer in photoshop on top of it at about 20% opacity

I think it is cracking, and works well, but it also shows the frustrations of working with film (which I know you LOVE). You know what you can do with Digital with scenes like this, and you have done it in the past very well. I understand you have a real motiviation for film now, so for that reason the shot works better than if you had taken it with say a D70

I love the fact that you are persevering with film, a real purist and I can't wait to see where you go with it all.

Gary.

I really like that Gandhi, very calm, lovely colours. :)

Back