North norfolk railway tips?????

Name
Nicholas
Edit My Images
Yes
i will be going to the nnr this weekend for there gala, has anyone got any good locations for some nice photos (y)

thank you in advance

Pity I did not see this before, but if you return then Weybourne station is a decent position. or go to kelling heath holiday camp where you can park up and walk down to the railway line which passes through on its way to Holt, The line runs too and froe via Sherringham to Holt, check out google earth.
MNR also do some runs with steam and diesel. I have some decent quiet photography locations along the line.

I know this is a little late as well, but still:
From Weybourne, heading up the hill towards Sheringham will give you a reasonable view into workings in the yard with a longer lens.
The station picnic area will give some nice images of locos starting off from under the bridge.

Heading on, the path follows the line to Kelling Heath Park. Several 'windows' where you can get right to the lineside fence, with one very decent view of Kelling Heath Park station.

After Kelling Heath Park, the line heads into a cutting- If you follow the footpath on, you'll hit a level crossing, with a very overgrown path next to it. This path follows the line most of the way to Holt, with good views of the line all the way along :)

i went up and just walked around unsure what i was doing so i just followed other people with cameras to some spots :thinking: but i found some good spots for next time thank you for your help i will use it next time

Back