North Norfolk Railway

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone know any good lineside locations to get pictures? Never been before and am tempted to go next weekend for there mixed traffic gala.

Leave Sheringham on the A149 towards Weybourne. It is known as the Weybourne Road, then the Coast Road, then Sheringham Road. At some point the railway becomes visible from the road to the right of the direction of travel, and has to cross the road over a bridge to get to Weybourne Station. Before you get to the bridge you can pull off the road into a field gate on the left hand side of the road. Cross the road and the field oppsoite is open and you can get a good view of the trains coming from Sheringham.

The picture below was taken from that spot.
20026-1528658787-025aa6bcd8f235e708e6db53ad0b06eb.jpg

Sorry I cannot be more accurate but I have not been able to find a map that shows the road and the railway and where the latter crosses the former.

Hope this may help a bit - enjoy if you get there!

This may be of more help. The road is in red and the railway in black - the field gate and the field opposite it are just before the railway crosses the road.
20027-1528659916-f42f2992d471f4128ab06044b1e6cae3.jpg

Thank you for the help, I will have a look at Google maps and see if I can work out where you mean.

Google maps was not a great deal of help as they do not show the railway line. You are likely to do much better with an AA Map or this one which I have just found:

https://maps.norfolk.gov.uk/highways/

as it actually does show both the road and the railway and it can be enlarged.

If you put this URL into your browser (or click on the link) it will place you in street view right on the level crossing at Sweetbriar Lane. You can then explore in street view or pull back to ground view.

Last edited:
Back