North Somerset Coast

Edit My Images
Yes
Namaste lords, ladies, gentlemen and others!

Firstly, sorry I haven't been posting much recently but work has been mega-busy recently then BT accidentally broke my broadband for 10 days. Lovely.

Anyway, first decent weekend of the year I have free and I'm off to N.Somerset to a little beach I can barely remember that we visited as a family about 20 years ago. Haven't been since so you can imagine the trauma of finding it!

Finally arrived around 4:30pm to find the sun had pretty much been obscured by low level cloud. Great, 150 mile drive for nothing. So we bimbled around on the beach snapping away for bit, lit a driftwood fire on the beach, drank beers and smoked and waited to see if the sun came back out.

It didn't.

Hence the 'Singularly Toned' nature of the photos!

I did take a few colour ones but will show you those separately.

mono.jpg

comp.jpg

DSC_9132COL.jpg

I like those a lot (y)
Can feel that water drawing back to the sea. Great :clap:

Working better in Black and White for me matey, the HDR is just too unreal for me in the others...

Dramatic, I like it!

Cheers,
James

Fabulous images :clap: cant pick a favourite.

yet again something i would like to try and never have... i really must invest in a tripod!

where abouts were these taken as i dont recognise it?

Definitely No.1 for me. I love the effects on the water as it draws backwards....

A stunning ethereal effect that I think is accentuated by the B&W conversion.

I love them in B&W.. its a nice change to the colour ones we see so often.

Looks like you didnt go for nothing after all!

Gorgeous images! No 1 is superb and the other two aren't too shabby :D

Number 1 is excellent, my pick of the 3. :clap:

Not to say the other two are bad mind.....:)

Excellent shots! - There is a great feeling of the movement in the sea and I love the skies.

Thanks for the positive feedback peeps.

Weather was generally rubbish. They are taken at a little beach between ilfracombe and Porlock, so it may technically be N devon. But it's very close lol.

Back