North Wales.

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
Hi, i have just spent a few days in north Wales, i was there purely to relax, take in the beautiful scenery :love: and do some photography, i was based in Rhuddlan, near Rhyl and drove to Conwy, Anglesey and a lovely beach just to the side of Rhyl called Kimnel Bay.

The highlight of my trip came on Friday when i got up at 3am and drove to Anglesey.

I intended on going to Trearddur Bay to capture the sunrise but having not done any research into where the sun would rise i wasn't too surprised to find the sun rising from behind the bay (and also that 24mm wasn't wide enough to get the whole bay in from the perspective on offer) so i carried on to the south stack cliffs and lighthouse.

I was so happy :banana: i had ended up at the south stack at around 4am to find i was the only person there (not quite true, there was a camper van parked up with the curtains closed), just in time to watch the light rise over the cliffs from behind, this was almost spiritual, it truly was an amazing morning.

After being there for around 20 minutes, 6 goats appeared and not having any experience with goats and being on the edge of a very rough looking cliff face i thought it best to retreat back up the steps to the edge of the car park :chicken:, after around 20 minutes the goats started rutting :eek:, unfortunately i was set up for landscapes not rutting goats so the few shots i got aren't the best.

Oh, did i mention the peregrine falcons ?.

1. A very simply done panoramic stitch of 4 or 5 shots stitched in photoshop.
Conwy Harbour. by J.Garton, on Flickr

2. Rhuddlan Castle sunset, Camidox 10 stop.
Rhuddlan Castle. by J.Garton, on Flickr

3. Man and his dog cooling down after a hot day.
Kinmel Bay Sunset. by J.Garton, on Flickr

4. An amazing place at 4am.
South Stack Lighthouse, Anglesey. by J.Garton, on Flickr

5. Light hitting the lighthouse as the sun rises over the cliffs.
South Stack Lighthouse, Anglesey. by J.Garton, on Flickr

6. Rutting goats on the cliff edge at Southsatck Cliffs.
Rutting Goats @ Southstack Cliffs. by J.Garton, on Flickr

Back