North West 200

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Thinking about going to NW200 next year (wanted to dpo the Ulster but for next year looks like I wont be able to make it). It would be my first visit to NI for a road race so after all the info/help I can get:D

I did read reports about acess being restricted somewhat last year - is this liable to be a problem?

What viewpoints are recomended? - all from a photography point of view of course

I'm not being funny but if you went to the NW I'd expect you'd be fairly disappointed if you've never been before. Unless you have press accreditation (which apparantly is now only restricted to the grid) then everywhere is absolutely bunged.

The best road racing on the calender in this country is the Ulster but if you can't make it I've heard Skerries is the next best thing (haven't been personally but know a lot of people from the road racing scene), it's just north of Dublin in the south of Ireland

http://www.loughshinnymotorcycleclub.com/

I'm not being funny but if you went to the NW I'd expect you'd be fairly disappointed if you've never been before. Unless you have press accreditation (which apparantly is now only restricted to the grid) then everywhere is absolutely bunged.

The best road racing on the calender in this country is the Ulster but if you can't make it I've heard Skerries is the next best thing (haven't been personally but know a lot of people from the road racing scene), it's just north of Dublin in the south of Ireland

http://www.loughshinnymotorcycleclub.com/

Thanks Bazza, I gonna have a go at re-arranging dates to see if i can get to the ulster

Thanks Tony looks like I might not be able do the Ulster dates more the pity, though still hoping to fit it in.

Also wouldn't be able to do TT week itself, is it worth doing the pratice week on its own (with the pre TT classic thrown in for good measure)?

Definately worth coming over for practice week especially if you can make it at the start of the week to take in the pre TT classic races. In some ways it's better during practice week as it's quieter, so less people on the hedges.

As for the North West, as Bazza said, I think you'd be disapointed at the photo ops there, even with a pass the North West is becoming pretty difficult.

Another event worth considering is the Southern 100, great racing and loads of top places to take photos.

Hope that helps.

Tony

Definately worth coming over for practice week especially if you can make it at the start of the week to take in the pre TT classic races. In some ways it's better during practice week as it's quieter, so less people on the hedges.

As for the North West, as Bazza said, I think you'd be disapointed at the photo ops there, even with a pass the North West is becoming pretty difficult.

Another event worth considering is the Southern 100, great racing and loads of top places to take photos.

Hope that helps.

Tony

It does very much Tony, thanks:)
When I have sorted out what I can make, I might be back asking for info regarding places etc if you don't mind:D

I was thinking of going to the Ulster GP in 2011. Is there a website (being lazy!) for that and/or the NW200?

Carl.

Back