Northern Ireland Coast

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
When ever i look at landscape shots on the PC after taking them i never get the feeling that i taken a good shot:shake: they always appear lacking something and i don't know why...Am i just taking pictures with the wrong type of content ?, are the technically wrong ? or is just the lights too harsh. I'm working in Belfast at the moment but managed to get a few hours away on the northern coastal road.

C&C always welcome

1)
harbour2.jpg

2)
coast11.jpg

3)
bridge7.jpg

4)
coast1.jpg

5)
giants.jpg

That second and last shots are very VERY nice , i like those... Not sure on 1 the blue sky looks abit dark to me

:
That second and last shots are very VERY nice , i like those... Not sure on 1 the blue sky looks abit dark to me

Thanks :) - the first shot was one of the first of the day, taken in the morning using a CPL & ND grad - It may have done to good a job

I love this set and would be happy with it. I also feel what you feel when I come in from most outings. I get the odd shot that makes me go WOW but few and far between, and you end up lacking inspiration.

I actually like the first a lot, I love the deep blue.

Gary.

I love this set and would be happy with it. I also feel what you feel when I come in from most outings. I get the odd shot that makes me go WOW but few and far between, and you end up lacking inspiration.

I actually like the first a lot, I love the deep blue.

Gary.

Thanks Gary, i also end up getting frustrated because i don't know why the shots don't work for me :shrug: yet with my macro stuff i can see whats wrong and go and re-shoot and get a shot I'm pleased with.

Although you have a sensor spot :cautious: :)

your having a :LOL: 'a sensor spot' there's bloody loads of em - i too in a moment of madness tried to use a sensor pen to move a large piece of dust from the sensor and ended up with the sensor pen dumping 1/2 a ton of dust particles onto the sensor anything above f11 is a disgrace. i am slowly but surely building my confidence for a wet clean:eek:

Sensor spots are soul destroyingly frustrating.
Hey, those 1 in a million shots are what keep me going. Without them I would dump the gear of the pier, oh dear oh dear, have no fear, erm FFS spontaneous rhymes, whatever next? I think I am loosing the will to live :)

What a brainfart that was.

Gary.

Love the skies in all of them

Man on bride ( I mean bridge ) = Nutter :LOL:

Nice one

Tony (y)

Last edited:
Man on bride = Nutter :LOL:

I'd be more worried about a man who wasn't. :D

I think you've hit your own nail with your critique Dogfish. They are good shots and without the luxury of time and perfect light, we all have to accept imperfect shots.

Great series like them all.. What area of Ireland were these taken... just for future reference as I think a visit is on the card in a few months..

Shutterman

:clap: I like those.
Brought back memories for me. I went to N. Ireland when I was 14, to stay with a friend. Recognise the Giants Causeway there, and the rope bridge; at Carrickfergus I beleive?

Some of those are very nice but that drop shadow and bevel frame effect is very distracting.

Thanks for the comments

Love the skies in all of them

Man on bride ( I mean bridge ) = Nutter :LOL:

Nice one

Tony (y)

Thanks Tony - i'd just crossed back across that bridge to take the shot - it just has planks of wood as the base and the whole thing bounces and sways as you cross it.

Great series like them all.. What area of Ireland were these taken... just for future reference as I think a visit is on the card in a few months..

Shutterman

Shutterman - i followed the causeway costal Road from Carrickfergus around to Portrush very scenic and quiet.
the Rope bridge is at Ballintoy ,Ballycastle (Carrick-A-Rede) .

:clap: I like those.
Brought back memories for me. I went to N. Ireland when I was 14, to stay with a friend. Recognise the Giants Causeway there, and the rope bridge; at Carrickfergus I beleive?

Hairy - Just a bit further up the coast at Ballintoy

Good set, Giants Causeway is one of those places I have always wanted to go!
It was for me also but it was a bit of a anticlimax - the road that has been built just to ferry tourists on a bus from the carpark to the causeway spoils the whole place.

Back