Ireland Northern Ireland locations?

Name
MARINO
Edit My Images
No
Hey all,
just wondering if anyone knows any good locations for pictures (landscapes)in Northern Ireland (Except from the popular ones like giants causeway and dark hedges).
I'm planning to go somewhere on my own to catch the morning light but not sure where..

Thx:popcorn:

Around the Mournes. If you drive from Castlewellan to Newcastle, along the seafront a bit then turn right to go up to the hills, you'll see loads of great landscape opportunities.

Hey all,
just wondering if anyone knows any good locations for pictures (landscapes)in Northern Ireland (Except from the popular ones like giants causeway and dark hedges).
I'm planning to go somewhere on my own to catch the morning light but not sure where..

Thx:popcorn:

I am based in Northern Ireland.

The Dark Hedges are pretty barren now that over half of the trees have been chopped down and the rest cut back for health and safety reasons.

These would be my recommendations.

Ballintoy Harbour
Dunseverick Castle & Falls
Carrick-a-reade rope bridge
Whiterocks Beach
Mussenden Temple
Magheracross
The Mournes
Tollymore Forest Park
Torr Head
Fermanagh lakelands
Cuilcagh Boardwalk
Bineveagh
Silent Valley
Kinbane Castle
Glenariff waterfall
St. Johns point
Carlingford Lough
Ballykeel Dolmen
Craigmore viaduct
Murlough Bay
Carnlough Harbour
Oxford Island
Titanic Quarter

Just a few of the top of the head if I think of any more will add them.

This guy is worth a follow he is a relative of my wife's and covers landscape stuff very regularly. His twitter feed is full of great locations. https://BANNED/social_stephen

Last edited:
Thx Lindsay!

F/2.8 thank you so much, I think my first trip will be at the Ballintoy Harbour. Not only these places are good for pics but lovely to visit. All added on my "to go" places. Can't wait to go this weekend. Thx so much again!

Wow I didn't expect people to reply that fast:)

Thx Lindsay!

F/2.8 thank you so much, I think my first trip will be at the Ballintoy Harbour. Not only these places are good for pics but lovely to visit. All added on my "to go" places. Can't wait to go this weekend. Thx so much again!

Wow I didn't expect people to reply that fast:)
Ballintoy Harbour is probably my favourite place in the world! If you are going there Dunseverick is only a few minutes up the road by car, we usually do both when we visit. Magheracross isn't far away either, it's on the road to Dunluce Castle. You could very easily do all 4 in a short space of time, but Ballintoy is worth spending some time at.

Thx for the tip!I'll take the family with me on my first trip and drive/walk around there during the weekend, find some good shots first and then I'll do a second trip on my own to take pics with better light, preferably in the morning. Just hope the weather gets a bit better. Been really dark and grey lately..

I worked in NI for 6 months a couple of years ago and loved it. I didn't manage much togging but a little in the Mournes.

I love the Mournes, who doesn't:)
Northern Ireland is an amazing place especially when the weather is good

Thx for the tip!I'll take the family with me on my first trip and drive/walk around there during the weekend, find some good shots first and then I'll do a second trip on my own to take pics with better light, preferably in the morning. Just hope the weather gets a bit better. Been really dark and grey lately..

We will probably head down ourselves this weekend. It’s pretty much the the only weekend we don’t have a wedding until December.

I actually like it down there when the weather isn’t so good. You can get amazing seascapes when the sea is rough.

Wrap up warm though as it’s always freezing and windy even when there is good weather.

As long as there's some light peeking through the clouds, I'll be fine. I'll post pictures here if I'm lucky enough to get any decent ones.
Thx
Marino

@f/2.8 you were right about the weather, when it gets rough it's probably lovely for pics.
Thx for the suggestions, I went to Ballintoy Harbour yesterday and I was amazed by the scenery. Pics weren't great except from an unexpected one but I really enjoyed the place .
I'll post pics after after I process them

Last edited:
@f/2.8 you were right about the weather, when it gets rough it's probably lovely for pics.
Thx for the suggestions, I went to Ballintoy Harbour yesterday and I was amazed by the scenery. Pics weren't great except from an unexpected one but I really enjoyed the place .
I'll post pics after after I process them

Glad you enjoyed it, amazing place.

We ended up heading down the north coast ourselves on Saturday but the kids were itching to go to Barrys so we never had the opportunity for anything more than a quick stop at Ballintoy on the way home.

Back