Northern light in Orkney (23-02-2014)

Name
thomas
Edit My Images
Yes

IMG_3630-7
by Lemaildetom on Talk Photography

It wasn't the brightest display and we did got a lot of clouds overhead but for once the temperature and wind were quiet acceptable. Only a few frozen toes ;-)
Still waiting for a good display this year we've had had lot of clouds.

Sorry the quality isn't the best this is partly due to the picture and the uploading limitation on TP.

Oh yes, I likes that (y)

Thank both for your comment. Hopefully there will be more coming! On that night there was really little to be seen between the clouds.

Thank both for your comment. Hopefully there will be more coming! On that night there was really little to be seen between the clouds.

There should be. They put on an amazing show last year around this time and there has been quite some action recently. Also hoping foe more sightings but I'm further down the country (Aviemore) than yourself.

Great shot. Obviously would have been better without the cloud, but can't help that. Nice reflections also.

Finger crossed indeed! Although the sun has been very quiet recently :-(. It has only be a conjuncture of the coronal hole location coupled to some good spell of negative Bz which has resulted in the recent events. No big earth directed sunspot at the moment.

Nicely done. I really like the reflection of green on the pool of water.

Thanks guys. Funny enough i had to dim down the vibrance of the pool of water because it was very very bright looking a bit too much at the start.

Back