Northern Lights - Dakota Plane Aurora, Iceland

Absolutely stunning.
That should earn you an awful lot of money!! :)

Incredible night by the looks of it. I was sat in Dubai hugely depressed knowing these storms only happen every few years and there was no where I was likely to catch it.

Looks like you made the most of it. Just the one location during the night?

Amazing photo! Those colours are fantastic and the airplane makes the difference from all the other Northern lights photos!

thank you guys!

I think it would look a whole lot better without the inside lighting, still a great shot but the plane light does nothing for me.
IMHO of course (y)

Can i ask a question. Was this taken last night................... I have seen this photo with your signature mark on it, either in this forum or another a number of weeks ago

Boogie, no it wasn't taken last night, and I haven't post this exact image before, I may have posted a landscape version quite a while ago, (like last year) thanks

Didn't think it was a recent shot - we were there on Wednesday morning and the plane was snow free!

Cracking shot, whenever it was taken.

(Typically, we were heading West that day and were at Gullfoss for the Aurora storm that night. Actually, Mrs Nod and I were down at Geysir as the Sun was setting and the start of the Aurora was showing in the late daylight through the streetlights at the visitor centre!)

Brilliant location choice!! one of the tourist companies should buy that for lots of money for postcards etc!

Back