Northern Lights outside Forfar, Scotland

Name
Sammy
Edit My Images
Yes
Well last night was the first time I had ever seen the Northern Lights and I am still buzzing!

I took over 50 photos and they all came out like this lol. It was so bright I could easily see the reds and greens with my eyes.

Here are a few of my favourites...

Northern Lights by Sammy Donaldson, on Flickr

Still absolutely buzzing about finally seeing them and being able to photograph them so close to my home!

Sammy

I'm not jealous in the slightest, not one little bit.... ;)

Great photos, no wonder you're still buzzing!

All really great shots that you must be very pleased with, and good to see the red as well as the more usual greenish colours. I think the inclusion of the road in some of them helps to anchor the photos, so well done for being out there and getting them!

What a set eh (y)

Excellent :)

Beautiful.....and I AM very jealous!! :)

thanks for the nice comments. I almost missed the show actually. Had just finished watching a movie and saw on Facebook that a friend had posted up about the lights. Nearly didn't go out but so glad I did! :)

thanks for the nice comments. I almost missed the show actually. Had just finished watching a movie and saw on Facebook that a friend had posted up about the lights. Nearly didn't go out but so glad I did! :)

Should be roughly the same tonight, off and on.
KP6 is forecast again, not quite as high as last night.

http://www.aurora-service.eu/aurora-forecast/

Wow, stunning, you've captured the lights really well. No1 and No7 are my favourites although they're all fantastic.

Well last night was the first time I had ever seen the Northern Lights and I am still buzzing!

And I can see why - what a great set and it must have been a fantastic sight

Wow, wow, wow...and a final wow!
These are stunning and I'm greener than the brightest northern light.
Great shots, well done as your efforts certainly paid off.
They do occur here in Norfolk but so far I've managed to miss every episode, must try harder.

One word.......WOW!

No wonder you are buzzing, it must have been a stunning sight.
The images relate this well, nicely captured.

I'm planning to go to Little Glenshee and give it a go.
What sort of settings did you use?

Looks like it will be quiet tonight. Just a chance of seeing a bit.

Forecast to be KP 3.

All good, personal preference for the last one is great.
To be critical, i would have drop the shutter speed to maybe 5s-10s there was so much structures and it was so intense, i think you would have catch finer structures and your setup can really handle more that iso 800.

fantastic set...

have never seen them in real life... but would love to.. esp after seeing these inspiring images!!

Back