B&W Northern Soul multiple flash shots.

Name
Shaun
Edit My Images
Yes
i Tried a few multiple flash shots last Friday at a local Northern Soul night, Here's a couple -

12385184975_96026ac4ff_b.jpg

12385629604_e46db9cd5e_b.jpg

Another Northern night tomorrow so a chance to try again.

K.T.F.

It's nice to try these techniques and because we have the technology but sometimes they go no where. It's hard to work out what's going on here - not helped by a huge great watermark which I thought at first was part of the image :(

How about trying a really slow exposure (smallish aperture) and then strobing with short intervals?

I'm not quite sure what you mean, these are 1 second exposures f/11 with 3 flash bursts 1 third of a second apart.

Well, we're nearly agreed then, but 1/3s apart is too long an interval (people can move a large distance in 1/3s) .... something like 1/15s will give a more contextual, crisp trail of images - kind of adding a fluidity to the movement. But, hey, that's just my opinion. At the moment, to me, it looks like three confused poses in one frame.

Thanks for that, it's something I can try tomorrow. I wanted to get a lot of movement in the pictures, one of the reasons I chose 1/3 second.
The shots are hit and miss anyway. There's no way of knowing how they'll turn out.

Hit and miss it is alright.... you've got movement, well, displacement but there's no 'connection' if you can follow that? I tried it once at a wedding for the last dance - it took multiple attempts and I was never happy with it.

Back