Northfaceworld.com good/bad?

Never heard of them before.

Their stock of men's jackets bears no relation to the current North Face range, although they could be selling old ranges? Also, there is a distinct lack of product names. All North Face products have a name...

Another thing that would make me suspicious is the number of jackets with horizontal chest pockets. As someone who has bought a number of North Face jackets & fleeces, it's quite rare to see horizontal pockets on North Face jackets.

Check out the "about us":

"About our company (...............)

[......................] is an professional online store which sell The North Face Jackes,North Face Jacket,North Face sale.We offer you free shipping to UK,US,Australia and some other countries.5-8 busniess days delivery to your door!Special price and 100% real quality North Face Jackes,Men North Face Jackes,Women North Face Jackes,North face bags and so on."

I must be getting very cynical....:cautious:

Last edited:
those RRP's look very suspicious....

along the lines of "Think of a figure and double it..."

I'd say they look about right! RRP's are only really there for people to claim large savings against - not manufacturer really expects them to sell at those prices.

I did a quick comparison and NFW seem to be in line with other sellers:
http://www.northfaceworld.com/north-face-mens-shoes-beigeblackorange-p-199.html £82
http://www.bestoutletnf.com/north-face-mens-shoes-beigeblackorange-p-6080.html £83
http://www.jacketonlinestore.com/north-face-mens-shoes-beigeblackorange-p-6090.html $129

Slightly different model but pretty close at Blacks is £94
http://www.blacks.co.uk/product/083437/tnf-m-vindicator-mid-sage-11.html

I've not used NFW but their pricing shouldn't cause any alarm bells.

Just found a bit more from their terms & conditions which would suggest there are based in China:

"Arbitration
Where the parties fail to settle dispute within 30 days after such dispute occurs, they agree to submit such dispute to China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission for arbitration which shall be conducted in accordance with the Commission's arbitration rules in effect at the time of applying for arbitration. The arbitral awards are final and binding upon both parties. "

I couldnt find a company address on their website. I don't know about others but that immediately rings alarm bells for me, as any professional company will have their address on the contact page!

A quick whois lookup gives you some valuable information:

Registrant:
bihui lin
shenzhen guangdong
guangdong, guangdong 351100
China

Domain Name: NORTHFACEWORLD.COM
Created on: 24-May-10
Expires on: 24-May-11
Last Updated on: 15-Aug-10

Administrative Contact:
lin, bihui
shenzhen guangdong
China
13988765878 Fax --

Technical Contact:
lin, bihui
shenzhen guangdong
China
13988765878 Fax --

I would leave well alone!!

just clicked a link on their website (not found) big barge pole alert :thumbsdown:

Hmmm cheers guys. I think I will be leaving well alone just for peace of mind. I'd rather pay a few quid more and get them from the UK. I should read the T&C's more often but I suppose not many people do.

Out of interest, does anyone have any recomendations for NF gear either shop or online who are cheap and reliable?

Gareth

Or how about hover over the main image on their homepage and the alternative text is 'Samsung X360'.....

I bought a North Face jacket cheaply at a market in China many years ago, and it is nowhere near the quality of the real North Face one I replaced it with a couple of years later.

I refer to the China one as my North Fake jacket!

I contacted "scamfreeinternet.com" and Kevin Park was able to confirm that ukoutdoorsalestore.co.uk, is probably chinese, with a domain registered to bogus address and claiming to be SSL secured - but not being! This is either a counterfit clothing racket or a credit card detail racket. DON'T buy from anyone you can't be sure is a legitimate UK retailer. I buy from Gaynors in Ambleside because they've been there for 40 years - but whoever you buy from, it's sensible to look for a long standing bricks and mortar presence if you won't want to risk losing your order and possibly your credit card details to boot. Other sites looking to come from the same chinese source are:

ukoutdoorsalesstore.co.uk
Northfaceworld.com
Jacketsell.com

This looks like a well times and fairly sophisticated scam, so I hope this helps others avoid being taken for a ride.

Get to TNF shop in Cheshire Oaks, bargains aplently, I got my McMirdo from there saved about £100 :)

I use Cotswold for a lot of my purchses as I get a discount.

They've got a sale on at the moment, which includes some North Face jackets.

Changing to buying from China. It's worth remembering that North Face gear (or at least some of it) is made in China. I wanted some Gore Tex overtrousers a couple of years ago. Well I did and I didn't. I had been soaked to the skin twice in a short period. I hate waterproof trousers but felt I had to get some. Wanted the best but didn't want to spend the money. Found a pair at £25 plus postage (can't remember how much) which would cost between £150 - £200 here. Agonised wether it was wise but reasoned as it was ebay and I would pay by Paypal it was worth a punt. Lovely pair of trousers.

Maybe I was lucky.

Ken

Springfield camping have always been pretty good for me. I just bought a north face evolution triclimate from there for £130, millets sell them at £170. You can get last years models for £100 which is a steal imo. :)

Si

Go outdoors have a discount on this weekend save £XX when you spend over £XX and you can get their discount card too so reasonable savings to be had.

If you know someone who is a scout movement leader they also get 10% off at blacks.

Back