Northolt Nightshoot

Name
Harry
Edit My Images
Yes
Loving them. Sea King is maybe my fav. I wouldn't mind seeing some details like insignia a bit closer. Slight crit on the Sea King, maybe darken the distant lights under the tail in post?

Last edited:
Loving them. Sea King is maybe my fav. I wouldn't mind seeing some details like insignia a bit closer. Slight crit on the Sea King, maybe darken the distant lights under the tail in post?

Thanks, how's about this one? I'll take a look at the lights tomorrow. Was sightly annoyed by the placement of the Sea King, right at the end next to some crap, and in half light :( Didn't even run up!

Northolt Nightshoot by Harry Measures, on Flickr

Very cool. I actually really like the half light, thinbk it adds to the drama.

Some great shots, do they have this event just once a year as I always seem to miss it.

Thanks Paul.

It's normally twice a year, once in Spring once in Autumn when the clocks are forward for the earlier sunsets. If you register on UKAR that's where the information is posted about the forthcoming ones - They're £25 plus a £6 crew accommodation fee at the moment.

Once the next one is announced you will need to register with the organiser and provide your details as obviously it's on a RAF base.

Excellent and really good to see something different .

Thank you :) It is hard to get something different from everyone else at these events though!

No, £20 for that is pushing it a lot.........
Besides, I find the children from UKAR annoying, so best avoided.

That one seems like good value - this Northolt one was £31 plus travel and holiday from work (as it's on a weeknight) so I think the Abingdon one should represent better VFM, with or without UKAR children (Won't they spend all night bikering in a corner anyway?)...

Photos with only one aircraft in are very good. A+

Thanks. How could the photos with the 2 aircraft in be improved?

good shots

Cheers.

That one seems like good value - this Northolt one was £31 plus travel and holiday from work (as it's on a weeknight) so I think the Abingdon one should represent better VFM, with or without UKAR children (Won't they spend all night bikering in a corner anyway?)...

Thats true. I'll see how it goes for Abingdon. I think theres's something on at Coventry the same day as their show, so if I am going there, I'll not want to be up too late the night before....It's me age!

Thats true. I'll see how it goes for Abingdon. I think theres's something on at Coventry the same day as their show, so if I am going there, I'll not want to be up too late the night before....It's me age!

Coventry is the Saturday, Abingdon Nightshoot Saturday also, the Old Warden and Abingdon Airshows on the Sunday. I shall be at OW on Sunday.

The registration for Abingdon Nightshoot is closed now, too. Very narrow window!

I was at Northolt too, my first time there. Luckily I only work at Kings Langley, not too far away. I was able to leave work a little early and arrived in plenty of time.

You've some nice shots. I've been busy and only processed 2 of mine so far, might fit in some more tonight.

Back