Northton, Isle of Harris, Western isles

dinners

In Memoriam
Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
A very nice location, I think the second is the best combination of hills, water and cloud reflection.

Looks like my kind of place, but I bet you don't get weather like that too often............ First for me. Can't put my finger on why - just a bit more in the way of foreground interest I think.

I reckon 1 and 2 are the best, for me anyway.
Beautiful location, and contrary to popular belief, it quite often has some of the best weather in Scotland- and sometimes the worst :)

Thanks for the feedback folks - In hindsight (given the conditions) I should have tried to do more with the reflections but I'll hopefully be back there soon - whatever the weather ;)

Last edited:
I like the third one the best, it is less cluttered. It might work in black and white too.

I like the third one the best, it is less cluttered. It might work in black and white too.

Cheers

Smacked of a black and white when I was there.

I had a quick dabble with some mono PP but found the green / blue all to be similar tones.

I've lots more that I've put to one side for when I've more time to look at adjusting for mono conversions (y)

I like the first best as well, I think its the break up of the water and land together, if you get my drift :)

Great shots. Third one is my favourite.

Great location. Definitely worth a trip back.

1st one for sure, these are good compositions for sure, you just need better light to make them sing,

Cheers folks - not sure when I'll be back now as I've booked some different trips but perhaps later next year.

I've got some of the same location taken on a different day which I've yet to look at but I stumbled over this version which I like........

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ramatic-beauty-Britain-youve-seen-before.html

Last edited:
Back