Northumbrian HDR

bod

Edit My Images
Yes
Taken me a while to get my backside into gear and to get these posted, but here goes ...

I had a bit of a play with HDR while up in Northumbria in early June. No tripod, just bracketing and burst mode, but I think the results have come out okay. Please let me know what you think.

Bamburgh Castle
y2009_0610_162522-01_2_3.jpg

St. Aiden's Church, Bamburgh
y2009_0610_164554-01_2_3.jpg

More Bamburgh.

Cragside
y2009_0609_120023-01_2_3a.jpg

More Cragside.

Lindesfarne/Holy Island
y2009_0610_110428-01_2_3a.jpg

More Lindesfarne.

And finally, Dunstanburgh Castle
y2009_0612_121257-01_2_3a.jpg

y2009_0612_121917-01_2_3a.jpg

And more Dunstanburgh Castle.

The brooding sky as ever looks great, loving cragside though building comes out soft to me.

Some really nice shots there, I am not a fan of the HDR photos generally as they look over processed, but this is not something which is not applicable to your images. They look almost as if they are single exposure shots in some cases.

Love the colours, especially like Cragside, moody fairytale castle like. The 1st shot of Dunstanburgh Castle is one I would hang on my wall.
Has inspired me to have a go at HDR

I think generally, these may be a little OTT in terms of processing *for the subject material*, but that's just a personal preference. Technically, very good.

Gary.

The brooding sky as ever looks great, loving cragside though building comes out soft to me.

Thanks James. Yeah Cragside is a little on the soft side due to not using a tripod.

Some really nice shots there, I am not a fan of the HDR photos generally as they look over processed, but this is not something which is not applicable to your images. They look almost as if they are single exposure shots in some cases.

Cheers. I've tried not to overdo the effect too much, but there's an amazing difference between these and the single exposures I took at the same time.

Love the colours, especially like Cragside, moody fairytale castle like. The 1st shot of Dunstanburgh Castle is one I would hang on my wall.
Has inspired me to have a go at HDR

Thank you. Some of these will be going on my wall soon :)

I think generally, these may be a little OTT in terms of processing *for the subject material*, but that's just a personal preference. Technically, very good.

Gary.

Cheers Gary. I know what you mean - any more extreme and the effect would be too much for me too.

I'm often disappointed with what I come up with from normally processed shots of buildings though. Could I be using HDR as a crutch for poor post-processing skills? It's definitely got me closest to what I want to achieve so far.

Back