Northwest Suggestions

Edit My Images
No
Hi guys
just after some inspiration really.
Anyone know of any places that are perfect for landscape photography in the North West? :shrug:
Cheers in advance
Darren

try the Lake District around Derwent water or PM Just Dave- he's in Chorley and Im sure he'll know of somewhere more local to you ;)

Les (y)

You should have a drive along Buxton Road between Macclesfield and Buxton or visa versa! and find yourself your perfect spot there is some really great hills, streams animals sky etc around there, cn get quite misty sometimes though!

Let me know if you find anywhere else, I wouldn't mind a bit of inspiration myself

if its wildlife youre after try the Old Bears Head in Maccelsfield :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I used to drink there when I worked @ ICI

Les :D

Rivington Country Park is well worth a visit, the pigeon tower and Rivington Pike are great subjects and there are spectacular views all around, great sunsets too.

You should get your arse down here to Sennen Cove (Cornwall) Dazza. I'm sat in our apartment with a cuppa staring at surfers to the right, waves smashing over the breakwater & cliffs on the left and Cape Cornwall straight ahead. Can't beat it! I'm down here for another few weeks.

If you don't fancy the 7 hour drive you could always get across to Anglesay, or Snowdonia. Some great shots to be had this time of year depending on the weather. Or you could even brave a trip to where we live and get some pics of the Iron Men at Crosby beach.

Chris :)

Cheers everyone. And cheers Chris! Just in college now and we've gotta take some landscapes for next week. Think I might give the Iron Men a go. Got a 10 stop ND filter when I was in New York so thinking I might try that out as well

You should get your arse down here to Sennen Cove (Cornwall) Dazza. I'm sat in our apartment with a cuppa staring at surfers to the right, waves smashing over the breakwater & cliffs on the left and Cape Cornwall straight ahead. Can't beat it! I'm down here for another few weeks.

If you don't fancy the 7 hour drive you could always get across to Anglesay, or Snowdonia. Some great shots to be had this time of year depending on the weather. Or you could even brave a trip to where we live and get some pics of the Iron Men at Crosby beach.

Like these Chris?

pier sennen cove by psychology0151, on Flickr

sennen cove by psychology0151, on Flickr

My favourite place!

Darren,

If it's landscapes you want in the North-West, best get your backside up to THE North West - Isle of Skye, Dornie, Kyle of Lochalsh, Plockton, etc., etc., etc.

PS - Bring your sunglasses :cool:

Like these Chris?

pier sennen cove by psychology0151, on Flickr

sennen cove by psychology0151, on Flickr

My favourite place!

Hi Russell,

We spend a bit of time down here every year (actually 5 weeks this year). The apartment is about 100 metres above the breakwater (in your pics), up in the hills. Its glass all around so the views are fantastic from any room 180 degrees. It isn't looking as serene at the moment. There is a gate and sign barring anyone getting onto the breakwater because of the rough sea. Get onto youtube and have a look at the footage of the cliffs collapsing in North Cornwall recently. Scary stuff!! Just been out on the side of cliffs earlier today. Makes you think!

Dazza, if you want some good pics of the iron men get to the Blundellsands end of the beach (near us) looking across to the Wirral / New Brighton. Try to get there as the sun is going down or after a storm. Another good shot is when the tide is going out and the men are all emerging out of the sea. Looks great.

Hi Russell,

We spend a bit of time down here every year (actually 5 weeks this year). The apartment is about 100 metres above the breakwater (in your pics), up in the hills. Its glass all around so the views are fantastic from any room 180 degrees. It isn't looking as serene at the moment. There is a gate and sign barring anyone getting onto the breakwater because of the rough sea. Get onto youtube and have a look at the footage of the cliffs collapsing in North Cornwall recently. Scary stuff!! Just been out on the side of cliffs earlier today. Makes you think!

Hi Chris

We usually spend a couple of weeks a year at Trevedra Farm in the motorhome. Those pics were taken August bank holiday so not too long ago, bet its quite at the moment! I could do with a pasty and a pint of cornish rattler.

Back