Norton 360 back up problem

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
Don't know if anyone has experienced this or has any work arounds.

Having read a number of threads about the importance of back ups, and feeling reasonable smug that I automatically backed up to a removable hard drive (yes, I know it's still on the same site), I checked that all my images were safely on my removal hard drive. All my images I took before I started using my Nikon D300 were there but none of my Nikon images.

I have tried to add the folders and add the files in Norton 360 Manage Back up to no avail.

Some files were jpeg and some were RAW (believe they show as DSC).

Any ideas.

Ken

Think you need the next section up, unless there is a prize for helping you with your problem.;)

Doh:bang:, one of the mods must have moved it, when i started typing this was in the competitions section, Honest.

:baby:

Yes, realised as soon as I posted that I was in the wrong place - must have developed a stutter.

I asked for it to be moved - thanks to the Mods for prompt action.

Ken

Sorry for pointing it out:)

As to your problem, just right click on the folder you want to back-up, click copy, then paste into your external disc.

I'm no computer expert I have to add.

No need to be sorry for pointing out anything. To those who have the answers it seems easy, to those that don't it seems impossible.

I was aware I could cut and paste but that is a manual action which needs to be remembered. I was looking for my automatic back up to take effect, as it does with all my other images.

Thanks anyway.

Hopefully someone else has experienced this and has a solution.

Ken

I assume from the lack of replies that either I'm alone in using Norton 360 or no one else has experienced this problem.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Ken

Thanks Neil - will have a look at that.

Why bin Norton? I've had no problems to date and it has successfully protected me for many years. Had all sorts of problems when I used Mcafee.

Ken

Personally I find that Norton a bit of a memory hog and because of that it tends to slow your system down, removing it will usually improve your PC performance.

Instead of paying, I use Avast Anti Virus, and Zone Alarms Firewall, free and effective.

What has Avast and Zonealarm got to do with the OP's backup problem?

Fair enough it is a bit of a digress, however the OP poster was asking why he should bin Norton, and I'm explaining why and suggesting what he might consider replacing it with. :)

I still don't think you understand, he is referring to backup software not antivirus or firewall software.

Why bin Norton? I've had no problems to date and it has successfully protected me for many years. Had all sorts of problems when I used Mcafee.

Ken

I still don't think you understand, he is referring to backup software not antivirus or firewall software.

Is that clearer? The OP asked a follow up question about Norton in general and with a particular reference to "protection" not backup. A couple of people answered it :)

Never used Norton- but I do use syncback- its a free program that you setup what folders/files you want to backup to another disc/ftpsite etc, then it runs whenever you want (on boot for example) and makes sure its all sync'd :)

I give up :bang:

:p

Was just trying to provide another solution. OP, just ignore my comment if you wish :)

Sorry, Ali, my post was not aimed at you.

Thanks Ali, will try that.

Yes, you're right Admirable, the original question was about back up problems. Have never had any virus or similar problems with Norton. I get the impression that each person has their preferred anti viral software and nothing else could possibly work. Oh well, that's life.

Anyway, thanks to all for their responses will try Synback.

Ken

Just to update you.

I contacted Norton and they asked me to go to "Norton Chat" to resolve problem. The guy took control of my PC online (with my permission) and did a "Restore" of all photos. All photos were there including those from Nikon D300 I thought were not there. He explained that you cannot see them until a restore is completed.

I have to say I was most impressed with the quality of service.

Problem solved - wasn't a computer problem, just a user problem!!!!

Ken

Back