Not a beach to swim. A few sunset seascapes.

Edit My Images
Yes
Went to Paphos yesterday. After some birding I took the long lens off the camera and put on the 10-20. Took a couple of filters along (an ND grad and an ND8) and tried some landscape photography on this rocky beach. I was trying to achieve something with that arch, don't know if I achieved what I was after!

Comments are encouraged, I'm after your sincere critisism people!:clap:

1)
2876536779_8cf332e41b_o.jpg

2)
2876536795_b2406c521b_o.jpg

3)
2876536805_0526acf02a_o.jpg

4)
2876536807_a9909f6464_o.jpg

5)
2876536819_e3ba57600f_o.jpg

6)
2876536829_80a5c863bd_o.jpg

I don't like the PP in the first at all, but the rest of the shots are great. The last 2 are particularly good with the 2nd last winning by a whisker. I love the way you've captured the light reflection of the cave (?) mouth in the water...

Very nice shots, good work.
I like the processing and the clarity on the colour shots and the B/W has a good range of tones. (y)

Thanks everybody! I'm glad you like them. As for the b&w photo, as neo says, we all have our opinions, some will like it, some will not, thanks for telling me yours, that's why I'm posting them in the first place!

Perhaps a bit to much PP on them and I can see where your filters graduate in the first two.

Thanks ally. Believe it or not, there's absolutely no PP in 2 and 3. It's just 3 stacked filters, one ND8 and two graduated filters. The ND brings slightly warm effects and I kinda like it. As you can see, the cool tones of the last photo is because I haven't used the ND8. It was already too dark for that! I could've changed the temperature in RSP, but I actually like the colours in all 3 photos. As for the cave photos (It's actually a triple arch, or a cave with 3 exits), it needed a lot of work. I stayed there, in the damp cave for a long time, trying to achieve the results I wanted. THe problem was the extreme difference in tonality between the sea outside and the interior of the cave. I opted to combine two differently exposed photos to get these results.

As for the cave photos (It's actually a triple arch, or a cave with 3 exits), it needed a lot of work. I stayed there, in the damp cave for a long time, trying to achieve the results I wanted. THe problem was the extreme difference in tonality between the sea outside and the interior of the cave. I opted to combine two differently exposed photos to get these results.

And a very good job you did on them (y)

Thanks H. Gad you like them! Wasn't really sure about No 1 and I'm glad you like that one!

What an unusuall set off photos (in nicest sense) I like No1, the diaginal composition helps along with gradation grey scale. also like the colours in No5

Thanks everybody for your great comments. I'm glad you like them!

Thanks fotopainter for your elaboration on why you like no1. If you have no problem, I'll use that as my on words, ok?:D

Thanks Robin. Well, I was again on the search for the elusive sea caves. I actually found them and it was a bit irritating really because it was indeed a big area along the shore line, and if you remember the first time we stopped the 3 of us and we didn't really like the place (and there was a stray dog chasing us). Well that area was the only spot that had no caves in the whole shoreline!:bonk:

Anyhow at the place I was there, there were a lot of caves on the north but I couldn't really use them in my composition, so I opted to use that arches instead!

Bloomin marvellous:bang:

I think the arches work better though, if only we had known:LOL:

Hahaha, we'll always have next year Robin!!(y) I'll also be staying in the UK for at least another 4 years (probably stay a couple more after I get my PhD), so, it's just the summer for me aswell :)

I like 2 but the sky in 6 doesn't look real.

I like 2 but the sky in 6 doesn't look real.

With a 20 sec exposure you are going to get some cloud movement that's whats giving that look to the sky. I like it.

In fact I like them all - Great set.:clap::clap::clap:

With a 20 sec exposure you are going to get some cloud movement that's whats giving that look to the sky. I like it.

In fact I like them all - Great set.:clap::clap::clap:

That explains the unreal look, I usually look at the Exif data too.

Yeah, 20 sec exposures can do that to the sky, which is what I was after to be honest. Thanks for your comments guys!(y)

Thanks everybody for your great comments. I'm glad you like them!

Thanks fotopainter for your elaboration on why you like no1. If you have no problem, I'll use that as my on words, ok?:D

Thanks Robin. Well, I was again on the search for the elusive sea caves. I actually found them and it was a bit irritating really because it was indeed a big area along the shore line, and if you remember the first time we stopped the 3 of us and we didn't really like the place (and there was a stray dog chasing us). Well that area was the only spot that had no caves in the whole shoreline!:bonk:

Anyhow at the place I was there, there were a lot of caves on the north but I couldn't really use them in my composition, so I opted to use that arches instead!

sorry don't understand what are on words( I'm not very bright)?

Meant to say my own words (use "the diaginal composition helps along with gradation grey scale" as my own phrase, like I came up with that) :D, my english is worse than you might imagine, so it's probably my fault!:bonk:

Last edited:
OK no probs
but it should read as follows- " the diagonal composition helps,along with the graduation of the grey scale"

Back