Not another "review my site" post?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Sorry, I know this happens a lot but I tend to come this way for some objective feedback and this time I wanted someone just to give me some feedback on the recent changes I have made to my SmugMug site. I want to eventually get some sales from the site once good enough to market.

I'n not after image critique as the style i developed will not be to everyone's taste.

I wanted the site to get out of the way of the images. I added a new logo I created - hoping not to amateurish. Navigation I hope is straightforward and has three levels:
- 1. What I think is my better shots across all images
- 2. Latest from each category
- 3. All images from each category

It seems to work for me ok on both Windows 10 and OSX 10.11. Only have high res displays so hoping it scales ok.

http://www.trevorsherwin.co.uk/

Anyhow, appreciate the feedback.

Trevor

Currently on my work's computer, which probably has a lot to do with it but none of the images are showing, literally only the headings top right come up on any page except the contact one? Never had a problem viewing images on any other websites on this computer though?

Currently on my work's computer, which probably has a lot to do with it but none of the images are showing, literally only the headings top right come up on any page except the contact one? Never had a problem viewing images on any other websites on this computer though?

Strange one - I suspect this is your end as images etc are presented using the default Smugmug code and they normally send out an email when any error detected. I certainly hope this is the case anyhow. Incidentally, do you know what browser version you were using just in case? Thanks for letting me know.

The logo is not too amateurish. I can assure you it's fine.
The site works well on my smartphone.

Last edited:
Hi - works fine on my phone - Love the images.

All seems to function well - in terms of constructive criticism, I would be tempted to re-label your category titles. When I saw 'Latest London, All London', it made me feel a bit like I was about to look at someone's holiday snaps (which your photographs definitely are not).

That's just my opinion, I don't wish to offend or anything - the website is really very good.

Thanks all. I really appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback.

Looks nice. Lovely photos.

I would remove the word 'occasional' from your bio. I think it devalues you and doesn't need to be there.

Thanks very much. I totally agree, the bio page is next on my list to refresh for sure.

The logo is not too amateurish. I can assure you it's fine.
The site works well on my smartphone.

Great, thanks very much.

Hi - works fine on my phone - Love the images.

All seems to function well - in terms of constructive criticism, I would be tempted to re-label your category titles. When I saw 'Latest London, All London', it made me feel a bit like I was about to look at someone's holiday snaps (which your photographs definitely are not).

That's just my opinion, I don't wish to offend or anything - the website is really very good.

I will certainly look to see how I can word that better. It's a tough one as i wanted a way to showcase the latest stuff so it isn't lost among the other images. Thanks for your feedback, it is really appreciated.

Great images, but some are displaying different sizes than others.. I also do not like horizontal scrolling, but that's just me..

Great images, but some are displaying different sizes than others.. I also do not like horizontal scrolling, but that's just me..

Thanks Adam, just out of interest, what pictures are you referring too that show different sizes? In a gallery or on the carousel on the home page?

Couple of points (minor)

If shooting with a Fuji now, why do you have a pic with a Nikon?

When looking to buy an image, the paper copy seems extremely cheap - that's no bad thing - just surprised at how reasonable you are selling them. Only point of note is that when you look to buy, there is a lot of cropping on most of the sizes available. If I was buying, I'd feel that I was loosing out on some of the image you captured.

All checks out on Chrome on MBP running El Capitan

Last edited:
Got to say, I like it - clean and accessible; some fantastic images which are showcased really well. I like the logo - although feel it probably needs to be bigger than your gallery titles (hierarchy of information and all that) and I like how you have used it to brand your work as well.

I am intrigued as to which lab are you using for your prints? I am currently updating my website with the possibility of accommodating landscapes and image sales - people keep asking me / telling me to do this - so would like to know of experience of using SmugMug to handle print work.

Agree with comment about Fuji camera rather than Nikon - although, also wonder about the need for it being there at all (I am a fellow Fuji user but when I sing about my camera other people just glaze over)

Cheers

Spooks

Back