Not as good as Artyman but my first Egret!!

Edit My Images
Yes
As the title says...

DSC_00477.JPG

DSC_00495.JPG

DSC_00544.JPG

DSC_00503.JPG

As usual heavily cropped but at least a first go at an Egret...I suppose that it can only get better!...

Advice welcome...

Not too bad, shooting white birds can be a bit of a nightmare for getting the exposure right and obtaining some detail, probably only beaten by black and white birds like Magpies :)

Thanks Ken,

I have had Egrets in the drains out the back of my house for the first time this year but can't get a shot at them as I'm a bit restricted with the 200 lens. I was just happy to get my first shot under my belt as it were...

Also a big crop as usual and a grey day so not too bad for a first attempt...something to build on! I'm trying to take on board the advice everyone is giving me in the hope that one day I will post some good shots on here!!

Apologies for pinching your name for the title but you beat me to it and posted a little Egret before me!

Your first target needs to be some longer glass, either that or set up some hide or camo and sit patiently, not so comfortable this time of year sitting around in freezing conditions.

Not too bad, shooting white birds can be a bit of a nightmare for getting the exposure right and obtaining some detail, probably only beaten by black and white birds like Magpies :)

:agree: What you also have to remember Higgy, is that Ken is quite experienced with that radio controlled Egret he purchased last year :D There is talk of him wanting to try BOp`s soon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001MJLXU4/ref=asc_df_B001MJLXU41828521?smid=A2UKPY8E9GO47&tag=dealtimecouk-kitchen-mp-delta-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22218&creativeASIN=B001MJLXU4 :naughty:

Your first target needs to be some longer glass, either that or set up some hide or camo and sit patiently, not so comfortable this time of year sitting around in freezing conditions.

Yes absolutely agree Ken, I currently have offers in on a couple of Kenko Pro 300 TC's, these will be compatible with the AF 200mm F2.8 lens and will be a good compromise until I can afford longer glass.

Spooky but I went shopping with the misses this afternoon (not a hobby I enjoy at all!) but in one of the shops she went in they had some really cheap black netting material so I bought a few meters of it with a view to doing exactly what you suggest and making a hide of some sort and a screen to go over the car window so I can shoot closer!

See how it works out....if I don't get arrested first for being some sort of net clad weirdo first!!!

Cheers

Higgy

Back