Not Battersea Power Station

Edit My Images
Yes
This is Greenwich power station, also on the bank of the Thames but on Crowleys Wharf. I am not 100% sure whether this is still in active use but until recently, at least, it was a back-up power supplier to London Underground. The white building next to the power station is Trinity Hospital, a group of almshouses

Crowleys Wharf Power Station by Ian, on Flickr

It is almost next door to the Old Royal Naval College at Greenwich, which gets photographed more frequently
Thames III by Ian, on Flickr

3. And neither are far from the skyscrapers of Canary Wharf, at least not in terms of physical distance
Blackwall Basin by Ian, on Flickr

Last edited:
Like the toning here and the symmetry of that second one - really want a wander around London (don't get time during the work week) but it's rare they have a train service in at weekends for now !

Yes a nice set thanks

Very nice set of images Sir, great interpretation of these places and nicely presented.(y)

George.

Very subtle use of colour Ian, and it suits the images well. Ilike the square composition on #1 and #3, but I'm wondering if it reduces the grandeur of the Naval College in #2 just a bit too much? :thinking:

Nice set ;)

Ilike the square composition on #1 and #3, but I'm wondering if it reduces the grandeur of the Naval College in #2 just a bit too much? :thinking:

I've always had that problem with this shot in a square crop. The width of the building means the sky and water always dominate. I tried cropping in very tight on either side of the building to maximise its impact but that looked wrong too. In this particular version, it was the clouds that caught my eye so I don't mind them dominating with the eye drawn to the building afterwards. But I do get your point. I have one which is a 3*2 in landscape mode and I'll see what that looks like when processed.

Back