Not for the 'faint hearted' HDR rules!!

Name
Rod
Edit My Images
Yes
Bored this afternoon so downloaded Luminance HDR and had a play...Marmite I know, but I like it!

#1 I think this is in Croatia
8440985401_b93c8d6854_b.jpg

#2 Rochester Marina
8442079026_b60a3fb8f9_b.jpg

#3 Halstead Church
8440985545_65339155b9_b.jpg

#4 Phone Box Stansted (Kent)
8442078916_1e02ba9166_b.jpg

#5 Eltham Palace
8439275322_00cf4ee7a3_b.jpg

#3 and #5 love them. (y)

I like the first one, it does seem to work quite well with buildings in general.

I think compositionally 3 and 5 are really nice. As for the HDR effect, I'm... Hmm... Well... Not a fan at all! I don't think it's done anything to add to the image, in fact I think it's done the exact opposite.

Naturally that's just an opinion though. :)

I normally like HDR, but these are just too OTT, to my eye the process has gone so far it's ruining the image quality, (with the exception of the phone box) the colours seem to be unreal and the fine detail is gone.

Sorry, really not doing it for me (and I like Marmite ;))

I normally like HDR, but these are just too OTT, to my eye the process has gone so far it's ruining the image quality, (with the exception of the phone box) the colours seem to be unreal and the fine detail is gone.

Sorry, really not doing it for me (and I like Marmite ;))

:plus1:

Sorry. Way OTT for me.

Agree as HDR way over the top but they have their appeal in a painting/crayoning type of way :)

Three for, five against, better than I expected, many thanks for all the comments, good and bad, its a good way to learn.

Not HDR. The idea of HDR gone mental. Sorry.

I've never fully understood why some people are so anti-HDR but I can see now what they mean about it spoiling photos when it's overdone.
The phone box is the only one that looks remotely natural.
2 and 5 almost look like 3d images viewed without the glasses on.

Sorry Rod, I eat Marmite by the spoonful but it's a no from me. :thumbsdown:

Back