Not in my back yard ... surely? *We have EVEN MORE cubs!*

@dale
My adult pair are a lot less endearing than your visior at the moment.
I put out some food and set both cameras, both male and female appeared several tmes, each time peeing on the food and wandering off!
TBH it hasn't intensified my enthusiasm. :rolleyes:

@dale
My adult pair are a lot less endearing than your visior at the moment.
I put out some food and set both cameras, both male and female appeared several tmes, each time peeing on the food and wandering off!
TBH it hasn't intensified my enthusiasm. :rolleyes:

Just seen this Roger.

Horse, mouth and gift spring to mind.

Sorry to hear you've been having a rough time, my best wishes to you. Sounds like those foxes are leaving the P*55 rather than taking it, too! Talk about gratitude!

All 3 of mine (lol) are still active and healthy, if fact just saw Brutus. Had a magical moment last week with my wife whilst taking my dog on his quick pee break (just before midnight).. We saw Copper at the end of the road and as were heading home I called her name. She ran down the road towards us & followed us to the house. I entered the house and threw her a couple of chicken thighs whilst she waited at the end of the driveway.

My dog was awesomely well behaved (so got a mini sausage) - lol

She has a slight limp I think from a fight or 2.. Also suffering from mange - however I'm looking into dealing with that one now...

& received a email reply already (10am)... so will follow their advice. Very happy

Great, let us know how she gets on.
Still getting the Fox pair and one of the Badgers visiting my garden but less frequently at the moment ... hopefully more in the months ahead.

I will resurrect this thread despite not having had much activity to report on this year.
The increase in traffic and human activity has obviously had a negative effect on the local wildlife, so much so that I haven't set/monitored the camera very much at all.
From video over the past couple of weeks we still have the regular adult male Fox visiting from time to time and possibly two others that I don't recognise have visited once or twice.
Two of the Badgers are returning also from time to time but sadly it looks as though one has lost its right eye, which you can see from the following clip.

Good to see you're set up again,Roger. Pity about its eye. A fight,I assume.

I'm going to share your thread if that's ok - Gramps as mine are going from strength to strength.

So our first main one - Copper - she has been moved on to another area, the mange is clearing up although I rarely see her now.. - ALTHOUGH she does remember me...

Shadow - Had a collision with a car or van & I found her dead. That was a bad day.

However, the Alpha male that moved Copper on now sometimes sleeps on my front door mat facing out from the house... LOL
His name is Nero, - absolute awesome beast - Double the size of all the others.
We also have 2 that are usually with or nearby to him - suspect his family.
These are Flash (very, very, quick & will also follow us back to the house) & Nova - very skittish although knows my voice and will visit me - but at a distance.
These 3 appear every night & we have had 2 others also at the same time (small youngsters).

Flash loves cheese & Nero loves cocktail sausage's.. I'll get pics although there are times even a 50mm len's would struggle to focus ha ha ha.... Flash will come within 2 feet - Nero sometimes 6 inches...

Last edited:
I'm going to share your thread if that's ok - Gramps as mine are going from strength to strength.

So our first main one - Copper - he has been moved on to another area, the mange is clearing up although I rarely see him now.. - ALTHOUGH he does remember me...
Shadow - Had a collision with a car or van & I found her dead.

However, the Alpha male that moved Copper on now sometimes sleeps on my front door mat facing out from the house... LOL
His name is Nero, - absolute awesome beast - Double the size of all the others.
We also have 2 that are usually with or nearby to him - suspect his family.
These are Flash (very, very, quick & will also follow us back to the house) & Nova - very skittish although knows my voice and will visit me - but at a distance.
These 3 appear every night & we have had 2 others also at the same time (small youngsters).

Flash loves cheese & Nero loves cocktail sausage's.. I'll get pics although there are times even a 50mm len's would struggle to focus ha ha ha.... Flash will come within 2 feet - Nero sometimes 6 inches...
Please do Pete, activity in my garden has waned with the increase in human activity ... though I am hoping that cub activity may bring them around more sometime now.
Sorry to hear about Shadow but glad you are still getting good sightings and contact with others. :)

Well, the three of them have decided that they like me & so took these last night.. What is fairly obvious when looked in detail is that the Alpha is suffering from Mange & also one of the others has it. As I suspect they are from the same set then that's not really a surprise.. Anyway, I have 3 happy visitors...

The Alpha male

Fox-102 by Pete Smith, on Flickr

Young female with another youngish one in back..
Fox-101 by Pete Smith, on Flickr

As I haven't put any updates since I thought I'd mention that all 6 foxes are doing perfectly - a couple with limps due to rough playing. None are now suffering from mange and are all perfectly healthy. The alpha is relaxed sleeping on my garden & now 4 of them will follow me on a walk back to my house. I am careful to maintain a separation distance from them but they will come within 3 feet of me standing at my front door. The alpha will quite often sleep on my door mat & the little one under my car. Every night they entertain me, sometimes for 30-40 minutes at a time, & I'm much more aware of their patterns. They are really inquisitive & have a definite pecking order. I'll try for pictures to add tonite.

My interaction with them has been always on the basis of that they should fear humans (well other than me - LOL). And I can safely say that they run from other people. I live 2 miles from Heathrow Airport and its a very busy area with lots of movement of cars and people. If they see me then they will approach IF I call but that's more due to the fact they know my voice - I so need to video some of these events.. ha ha ha. I can call them and they will turn around and visit or follow me. I suspect I'm seen as a food provider & my house is a safe zone to them. My dog is also extremely relaxed around them - they will follow along behind him 10-15 ft but I often watch them running from other people & dogs near by. Foxes are very smart.

Back