Not sure about this Lion

Name
Lynne
Edit My Images
Yes
Just ordered a couple of montage posters of some of my fav shots & found this .Think I was at West Midlands S/P ,I know it was grey & overcast & the shot taken from inside the car (probably with the window closed ) on my old Olympus .She was lying on the roof of an outbuliding but I wanted to avoid anything manmade in the shot

I had a little play with PSE9 as the original seemed a bit misty ,would like to do something with the background (or maybe not) but have no idea yet how to do that :help:

7_copy.jpg

Appreciate your comments as wanting to learn,thanks

I love it just as it is Lynne, I'm just drawn straight to the face/eyes, I'd be happy with it as it is but if you think it may enhance your montage why not copy in a suitable background....Mick

Thanks for your feedback guy's :)

Dale,have to agree with the top of her head area , didn't notice it before but could do with being toned down a bit just not sure how - feel free to edit & re-post if you want to .I'm wondering if the hazy sun was right behind her?

Mick, I'd love to copy in a background.... as said in another post I think I need a couple of days off work to learn how to use PSE9 !

I really like it and i dont think the background detracts at all from the photo, i think everything looks great, fantastic photo!

This is a great picture! I love the stare, probably best to keep the window up! If you wanted to try reducing some of the grey in the background you could play around with the curves in PS to brighten it up. I wouldn't say it needs much I like it but if you would like me to tweak the curves and post it let me know :)

Nic

This is a great picture! I love the stare, probably best to keep the window up! If you wanted to try reducing some of the grey in the background you could play around with the curves in PS to brighten it up. I wouldn't say it needs much I like it but if you would like me to tweak the curves and post it let me know :)

Nic

Thanks for the positive comments. Be great to see what you can "add" to it as I'm not sure what I'm doing in PSE yet. Tried a little fiddle but it sort of went pixilated dead centre above the head .Post away,can't wait to see it (y)

Here are my edits, just brightening it up a bit using a mixture of levels, curves and the dodge tool to lighten the shadows around the edge. I have left the background slightly grey but you could take it a step further and completely white out the background or add another background in as mentioned in another post.

I like the original image you posted but I usually like to play around with my images before I decide which to get printed, sometimes I stick with the original but it's good to see alternatives too....

I hope it's ok and i've not lost the character of the original, keep going with PSE it can take a while but you can get great results with it (I'm still learning PS and I do it for a day job) If you wanted me to send you the PS file I used PM your email address and I will send it across :)

Last edited:
Excellent photo! PSE offers you many options to make something of your photos that may not have been there at the beginning. Some people actually look down on post processing (each to their own) but I have always felt that it expands the creative potential, making photography even more fun!

Good luck!

Thanks for posting that Nikki .I really do need to spend a week or 3 learning PSE ! I never really wanted to do editing as still believe what comes out of the camera is what you actually saw but I am begining to understand that it can help as the camera doesn't always produe what your eye saw...if that makes sense ? ;-)

i like the shot as it is natural backgrounds do look better but the plain works well with this , no distractions, mabey sky (blue) background just so it looks like a natural background.
either way window up was a good idea :) keep up the good work

Back