Not sure about this ?

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
I’ve had someone contact me on social media wanting to buy some of my images to use in NFT ..non fungible tokens whatever that means .. no amounts or prices have been mentioned as of yet . Anyone come across this before and is it a viable concept ?

Probably a scam, I'd say. We had something like that addressed to TP a while back, which we obviously kicked into touch laden with concrete boots

I get contact like this on Instagram regularly. I checked this out on SheClicks and the verdict was that they were all scammers.... the only one that wasn't was my cousin's cousin!

In what way a scam . No photos have as yet been specified or money mentioned .. yes I haven’t heard of it before but can’t see how it’s a scam out of hand ?

Hmmm looks interesting

. No photos have as yet been specified

Isn’t that a clue?

at the link posted by @Musicman :

lists the following warning signs to avoid when contacted by a potential NFT investor.

The first is vague wording, which allows scammers to use the same text in messages addressed to hundreds of artists specializing in different techniques and genres. For this reason, artists are likely to receive general compliments about their works that do not describe specific pieces of art, even though the fake investor is obviously interested in buying them. … most NFT Instagram scammers "do not speak like real people in real life."”

IIRC I had one such on Instagram asking about 'my pictures', as in your case no specific requests.

I discussed it with the curator of the exhibition I display with and she suggested I just treat it like any other sales opportunity. So, I wrote back saying thanks for the interest but all my images are sold as physical prints and I would not be sold as NFTs. Please tell which print you wish to buy and where in the UK are you ?

None too surprisingly I had no reply!

Edit ~ as for the scam.......scammers aim to attract the naive, gullible, greedy, vain et al. They are groomers of those that answer affirmatively and no idea of the way a scam would develop but sure as eggs is eggs.....they either want your money or your identity!

Last edited:
in the end she? picked out 5 non-descript photos from Facebook ? and wanted to pay me in ETH . now told to forget it .. ah well we live and learn

in the end she? picked out 5 non-descript photos from Facebook ? and wanted to pay me in ETH . now told to forget it .. ah well we live and learn
Hmmmm! a crypto currency exploit???

Back