Not sure if allowed to ask this

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
I am really wanting to have CS3 but not prepared to pay the high price... Also I do not want Pirate copies or anything I always want to be legit and came across this site. What do you all say?

http://super-shoppes.com/brand/adobe/

Cheers

We are definatelyNOT allowed to talk about or promote any sort of illegal, pirate or dodgey dealing on this forum (or anywhere else really).

I've had a look at the web site and those prices are too good to be true.
Its either a really good way to throw your money away, and or they are pirate software out of some naughty country that doesnt care too much.

[Edit] I also note that they dont have a postal address of any sort nor a telephone number and no mention of VAT or Tax registration... :runaway:
Its about as clean as O.J.Simpson IMHO

That is what I though thank guys..

I been trying to get hold of full version of CS2 stealed some been on ebay and then upgrade to CS4 cheap route if i can find a CS2

CS4 is imminent so you may well pick up CS3 soon! Also the above link is no longer active suggesting that one of the companies affected has had them closed down :)

I think the best way of getting it cheaper will be to wait until CS4 comes out and places that had boxed copies of CS3 in stock reduce them to get rid of them

The thing with Photoshop is that it is pro level software and comes with the price to match (just like L lenses/Eos 1D series/Nikon D3). There are a few cheaper options out there, Elements/GIMP etc.

I have elements and dont like it... Since I been trailing CS3 it kick ass it so much better and does things easier etc...

Rookies, if you check the FAQ and it says something like, you're not allowed to register it...

Rookies, if you check the FAQ and it says something like, you're not allowed to register it...

Ah I now know what you mean... yeah it gives it away..

Photoshop is the price of a good lens and you'll use it more. Remember that and it doesn't seem stupidly over priced then.

It is if students can get it alot cheaper..

What the best price for CS3 for mac then? Best I found is 550

Become a student and get the student edition - although that probably has anti-commercial clauses in the license agreement.

Or if you have a child in the house (as I do :D) I got it at a the student rate too and its the Full Extended version too , so both my son and I are learning (very slowly :LOL:) how to use it.

Tracy.

I dont have a child....

Ah well look like i have to save and pay the full price

Photoshop is the price of a good lens and you'll use it more. Remember that and it doesn't seem stupidly over priced then.

That's actually a really good way of looking at it :)

Am sure it is a good way of looking at it... Just not use to spending alot on software as I normally buy Elements in which I own now... But having CS3 as a trail made me want to upgrade... I am sure I will just a matter of when..

Cos

I need a Battery Grip
Long Lens

So more cost on top of the software.. But think i can let the software wait a litte

But i like to add effects to images convert them to black and white.. select part of the image to adjust colour or levels.. Can all this be done in lightroom?

I am a mac user so have had Aperture to do my Raw and whilst it a great software... But on Lightroom i just downloaded it to try and i like the Graduated Tool is there not this on Aperture?

look forward to the before and after as that is what i like to see.. Also with the before and after can you explain what tools was used??? I am just trying to get someone to tempt me into getting Lightroom but the money putting me off as Aperture is soo cheap and it still a powerful app

If you've got Aperture there are loads of plug ins for it that will take it nearer to Lightrooms features.

I tried Aperture and didn't get on with it, but I'd been using Lightroom for a year before so was more used to that way of working. If you've been used to Aperture for a while you might be the other way round...

Yeah I know there loads of plugs in but most need to be paid for.

All I want is Graduated filters plug in FREE but I found one which cost nearly a hundred quid

Here you go

before.jpg

Used two grad filters, one to darken the sky with a hint of blue and one to lighten the grass. Then a bit of selective dodging and burning with the paintbrush.

after.jpg

cheers mate..

Looks pretty good that... But as much as I love to upgrade to Lightroom but I just got Aperture about 4 month ago.. Is it worth me paying £200 odd just for a few editing tools? Just wish i waited a bit longer for the new Lightroom as i hated the first one when i trailed it

Very true, but then a good lens is likely to last alot longer without being upgraded and actually have a resale value (if you upgrade you give up your licence on the old version as part of the upgrade offer).

That said it is the dog's danglies and piracy is illegal. Think about it most of us would complain if our photos were stolen and used without payment.

I know and I am fully against it... Hence the reason why i am now saving up for it :) But I have though about going on night school to learn more about photography but dont think i be able to get it at discount price through night school would i?

Ah well I am sure I can save and buy it :) As once we got the Original it then not too bad after that as upgrade are at a reasonable price

At least I got Photoshop Element 6 to keep me going... Just wish there was a version 7 is there much different do any of you know?

Have you seen the price of these pluging.. I am trailing Color Efex pro at the moment and that is FAB but 195 quid ouch

That's a good point-however when you consider the inflated prices we pay compared to our good friends over the pond, it does start to look stupidly over priced.

From the adobe web-site, prices for a downloaded version of CS4 Extended (USA-v-UK)

Prices in brackets are converted using xe.com

Full-US $999 (£577) UK-£887

Upgrade US-$349 (£201) UK-£323

The educational (student) versions are comparably priced

Even so a premium of over £300 for the full version-outright software piracy (IMO)

I found an unregistered original of Photoshop 7 on eBay for £90.00 and upgraded to CS3 which I bought from Adobe for around £150.00, quite a lot less than buying it right out, just have to keep your eyes out for unregistered original versions on eBay, I got all of my software this way which has saved me hundreds of pounds and kept me legal.

Back