Not sure I've seen this before

Name
Aidan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I took a photo of a Eurofighter Typhoon at Portrush airshow back in 2015 I think. I had uploaded it to Redbubble along with a number of other photos.

Recently I received a takedown notice from Redbubble because EUROFIGHTER JAGDFLUGZEUG GMBH, which I presume is the manufacturer, had claimed it was their intellectual property.

Redbbubble were next to useless, I still have the original image, and while it's no big issue, I wondered whether anyone had seen this before?

Aidan

There must be 10's of 1000's of Typhoon pictures online taken by both amateurs and semi professional & professionals sharing and selling their images.

Therefore I find what you described a tad bizarre :thinking:

I'll watch for more knowledgeable insights?

My thoughts exactly, I have the same photo on my Flickr

My thoughts exactly, I have the same photo on my Flickr
If you could share your Flickr link as I would like to see the image?

NB not embedded here as a precaution;)

How can someone have IP over a picture, a picture of a thing that appears in public where people are likely to take picture of it? And videos too I guess.

Bizarre but in the world we live in now maybe utterly predictable.

Hi,

I took a photo of a Eurofighter Typhoon at Portrush airshow back in 2015 I think. I had uploaded it to Redbubble along with a number of other photos.

Recently I received a takedown notice from Redbubble because EUROFIGHTER JAGDFLUGZEUG GMBH, which I presume is the manufacturer, had claimed it was their intellectual property.

Redbbubble were next to useless, I still have the original image, and while it's no big issue, I wondered whether anyone had seen this before?

Aidan
Have you written to the Eurofighter company to ask about it?

If it was uploaded as a stock photo for sale, it would have to be an editorial rather than 'commercial' due to someone else having designed it basically.
The actual usage possible from each category overlap to some extent and are rather vague, any payment received would not normal be much different.

No reply from EUROFIGHTER JAGDFLUGZEUG GMBH so far, but at least they haven't bombed the house :p:p

Reactions: 4wd
If it was uploaded as a stock photo for sale, it would have to be an editorial rather than 'commercial' due to someone else having designed it basically
^this is my guess, as I understand Redbubble is about selling images, so my guess is that they don't want the OP making money off their design without their permission.

I reckon they think you've nicked their picture - hence the takedown notice.

I don't think this relates to them owning the IP of the design, I strongly suspect they have a similar image and they think you've "stolen" it for profit.

Would be easy to prove yours is yours - but strange to see them do what they've done without approaching you!

Back