Not to everyones taste ?

Name
Steve (Being Kind)
Edit My Images
Yes
Rhubarb that is, have lived in the Rhubarb Triangle all my life and yet have never took an image of the famous crop. I though the tart taste of this fruit would suit HDR style processing, is it too your taste..........................?

Rhubarb​
by Stephen Bowler, on Flickr​

Love it! Rhubarb as well!

Great shot Steve. Overdone - well maybe slightly - but it's certainly manageable on the eyes. Print it and take it down to the Rhubarb Triangle Farm Shop in Carlton and see if they want to buy it (y)

Nice....with crumble and custard :)

Good effort Steve but the HDR is a little ott for me but a clever idea all the same.

The overall effect is a bit too light on my screen Steve, especially the soil. That's obviously an easy thing to play about with if you felt like it, but the dead stalk and leaf in the centre might have been better pulled out before you took the photo?

Nice idea Steve, I'm generally not over keen on HDR images but other than that this shot works very well.(y)

George.

Thank you for the comments gentlemen, I am not a big fan of HDR but I was trying to portray the harsh tart taste of the rhubarb through the image, a kind of assault on the senses.

The overall effect is a bit too light on my screen Steve, especially the soil. That's obviously an easy thing to play about with if you felt like it, but the dead stalk and leaf in the centre might have been better pulled out before you took the photo?

It's also a little light on my TV monitor and a tad "weak" - think a touch of darkening and a small increase in contrast would help - but not too much.

Blood, fish and bone when dormant in the winter.

A decent idea and may benefit from other attempts, but as others have said the soil is a bit light on my monitor. All a bit "triffidish," but interesting. A grand idea.

Rhubarb that is, have lived in the Rhubarb Triangle all my life and yet have never took an image of the famous crop. I though the tart taste of this fruit would suit HDR style processing, is it too your taste..........................?

Rhubarb
by Stephen Bowler, on Flickr​

absolutely stunning Steve
how about some pointers on your process...i have never got any of my stuff to look like this
cheers
geof

absolutely stunning Steve
how about some pointers on your process...i have never got any of my stuff to look like this
cheers
geof

Thanks Geof, it is a TopazAdjust preset and a bit of dodging and burning.(y)

Cook for a few minutes in sugar, mix the resulting syrup with port (decent stuff, mind) and reduce by half. Add the softened rhubarb and serve with venison. Luvverly!
I like the image too, btw:);)

Looks good , I like it.

rhubarb and venison, it sounds wrong ;)
I agree totally, what a waste of venison.

To the OP I think it is a great idea but must agree with others that the editing is a bit ott. (That is how I prefer rhubarb on a photo and not a plate)

Nicely done matey - I went through a phase of over processing a lot of my street shots to get the HDR look but am trying to just keep my shots as close to natural as I can now.. for me personally this shot works nicely for the subject and gets the (y) from me..

Steve may I ask how the beautiful frame was achieved?

Dave

Goto "Image" > "Expand canvas" choose width and height according to taste, usually around 4 to 8 pixels for me, choose colour. In my case firstly white, then repeat again but choose the colour as black. In Photoshop CS5 by the way. If you record the above steps as an action you can then allocate a key, i.e. F1 ect to perform the steps automatically.(y)

Back