Not Too Sure...

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
...if this works or not? :ponders:

Img_2122_filtered.jpg

Don't know why? I like it. I think in my unprofessional opinion, having a little more space under the reflection to make it a little more symmetrical to the top MAY have helped. BUT, I think it's nice.

I know i'm a beginner at this but why do the ripples stop just above the birds head and not carry on round the back....??

Chris

Apart from adjusting levels and noise reduction, it's had no PS work done at all. I can quite see though why you guys think it's a PS job - the ripples do look strange, which is what what was bugging me about the shot.

The green hue on the water on the left of the shot is reflections from trees out of shot, but it's very strange the way the ripples virtually end where the green reflections start. :ponders:

Its nice, but I can see what you mean. I too am not sure whether it works or not. The green hue doesn't stand out and hit me, nor does the fact that the ripples stop, but it doesn't seem cropped correctly if that makes sense. The main focal point doesnt seem in the right place, but I can't figure out exactly how to place it instead.

Either my eyes aren't calibrated or my monitor need done again....just don't see a green hue????

Marcel said:
. The main focal point doesnt seem in the right place, but I can't figure out exactly how to place it instead.

Neither could I! :LOL: A portrait crop just emphasises that green strangeness on the left even more. I think it's just one of those 'nearly - but not quite shots':annoyed:

KenCo1964 said:
Either my eyes aren't calibrated or my monitor need done again....just don't see a green hue????

:icon_eek:

1 Try resetting your monitor to default setting.

2 Vision Express will sort you out in an hour (allegedly)

3 Have you got sRGB colour space selected in PS?

It looks good, but that top left quarter is just weird without the ripples :eek:

I have had a look at this image to try and fathom why the water on the left looks different from the right,
and the only thing I can think of is, the shutter may have been playing tricks, but only if it was shot in portrait mode.

The blackheaded gull is excellent with the reflection.
It needs a little more space below the gull for it to work.
Here's one I prepaired earlier.
ctgull.jpg

I've Used the magic wand tool to select the gull and its reflection.
Inverted the selection so any changes effect the background.
Adjusted the levels, then painted in the bottom of the canvas.

I think this Gull will make you quite an arty shot CT.:thumb:

That's pretty cool Matt! :icon_cool I think that's going to be the saviour of this shot. :icon_cool

KenCo1964 said:
No, I have always used RGB. same on camera and printer.

Ken.. do you mean it's Adobe RGB you have enabled? My 20D has only two options for colour space - sRGB and Adobe RGB.

sRGB is used by default by Windows, most digital cameras, and is intended to ensure a common viewing experience with pics shared on the web and viewed on different monitors. Could be the cause of the problems you're having?

CT said:
Ken.. do you mean it's Adobe RGB you have enabled? My 20D has only two options for colour space - sRGB and Adobe RGB.

sRGB is used by default by Windows, most digital cameras, and is intended to ensure a common viewing experience with pics shared on the web and viewed on different monitors. Could be the cause of the problems you're having?
Yeh it WAS, now srgb and I can see a greenish tinge but still doesn't look that bad....Matts does improve that though and, made the the pic more symetrical (top and bottom) which is what I said or meant :)

Thanks David - dont you just love B&W? :)

It took me about 2 hours. The lasso tool is only useful up to a point and wouldn't work accurately enough with this shot. I ended up cutting out the whole thing - gull and reflection very roughly but leaving a little space around the edges. I then pasted the whole thing into a new black background then laboriously pushed pixels around to get clean edges to the gull and reflection which is what took the time. I finally used the soften tool on the edges to blend it all together.

Not everyone's cuppa I dare say, but I quite like it and thanks to Matt for 'seeing' this version. :thumb:

Back