Not understanding the BT/Yahoo/Flickr thing!

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
My flickr Pro account is in my wifes name (her name's on the home phone bill) so it's effectively her account but it's all my stuff.

We are being told so many things about BT moving away from yeahoo or BT moving away from Flickr or a combination of all of these.

What I would like to do is to have the account in my name with my (non-BT/yahoo) e-mail address. I'd like to keep the Pro account and pay for it if necessary. However, either I'm being thick, or they are not making it simple to understand.

Anybody done anything similar who can shed some light? Alternatively, is there a decent Flickr alternative that I can go with and then delete the Flickr account?

Pro no longer exists though as an existing or recently lapsed pro you should be able to buy it still...

BT has separated from Yahoo as a service provider, basically BT contracted its email services to Yahoo for a number of years but has changed it's service recently so that it runs the email in house again, Flickr is owned by Yahoo and since Yahoo and BT have parted company it means BT customers loose the benefit of the free pro account that they got for being a BTyahoo customer

If you go into your Flickr account you can change your primary email to your yahoo ID, to be honest I'm surprised you've not already been prompted to do so by Flickr

If you go into your Flickr account you can change your primary email to your yahoo ID, to be honest I'm surprised you've not already been prompted to do so by Flickr
I am getting the messages to change, but your answer displays my problem exactly - I don't have a 'yahoo ID' that I'm aware of.:confused:

Sorry for being thick! So, I NEED a yahoo ID before I can continue to use Flickr? I can't just be a Flickr customer (and nothing else) with my own e-mail address?

Sorry for being thick! So, I NEED a yahoo ID before I can continue to use Flickr? I can't just be a Flickr customer (and nothing else) with my own e-mail address?

No, I'm fairly certain you need to be a yahoo account holder if I remember correctly...it's not going to cost you anything to have a yahoo account

No, I'm fairly certain you need to be a yahoo account holder if I remember correctly...it's not going to cost you anything to have a yahoo account
OK, thanks (all) for the explanation.

One last thing, If I were to be starting from scratch (without having Flickr promoted to me by BT in the first place), would I be 'choosing' Flickr anyway, or is there a 'thinking persons choice' elsewhere that offers the same sort of thing?

OK, thanks (all) for the explanation.

One last thing, If I were to be starting from scratch (without having Flickr promoted to me by BT in the first place), would I be 'choosing' Flickr anyway, or is there a 'thinking persons choice' elsewhere that offers the same sort of thing?

There a can of worms you'll never get the lid back on ;) loads of other choices but I'd venture without a doubt Flickr is still by far the biggest

I use both Flikr and Picasa. Both have different pros and cons. Both have deficiencies.
Some people like Flikrs huge community and networking. I just use it to display my photos.

Back