1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. realspeed

realspeed

Name:
    Bazza
    Edit My Images:
    No
    i came across this the other day. i tried editing with adobe elements and transferring the edits back onto the computer. I even made adobe elements and premier elements as exceptions to miss what is called "realtime" in the defender program
    I still got up something like attempted virus attack and would not let me do this task.

Ok what was the problem?

I was also running AVAST anti virus and that was causing a lot of problems with windows 10. As soon as I deleted Avast no more problems. So be aware that running a third party antivirus program can affect Windows 10 in certain instances.

2. drdocmatt

drdocmatt

Edit My Images:
    No
    Windows won't generally let you run multiple anti virus tools as they are mutually exclusive. Only one can register with the kernel to receive events. The other can *think* it's installed but it's really not working.
    That said, everyone is aware that AV is a resource hog in windows and the main reason people buy upgraded hardware...

3. neil_g

neil_g

Name:
    Neil
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Av shouldn't be a resource hog. Avast (which personally I've had no issues with) only uses a few mb of memory in the background