Nothing special here ...

Edit My Images
Yes
... it's just some snaps of Calderstones Park on a hot Summer's afternoon. I did try to capture some of the tranquility that the park has.

2708239236_d30e05835e_o.jpg

2707422749_500f83c2b7_o.jpg

2712624069_001a1acba1_o.jpg

2713437668_093cdb3d7f_o.jpg

So that's six people in this part and two of them would not normally be there - my wife and her mother. The children's playground was heaving and noisy, the rest was an ideal Summer's afternoon.

2&3 for me. Nice capture!

Could have waited for some more time for the light to be more soothing and pleasant. Sunlight during the early and late hours of the day can create a magical effect on landscapes.

They do indeed look very peacefull and tranquil
Could just do with being sat on the bench in the first one, very nice (y)

Thanks. There were about eight people in that part of the park, which is a designated picnic area, and all of them were using the grass. Mind you, they were almost two generations older than I am.

2&3 for me. Nice capture!

Could have waited for some more time for the light to be more soothing and pleasant. Sunlight during the early and late hours of the day can create a magical effect on landscapes.

Thanks for the advice and from the master of light, very kind. I wish I could have waited for later, but I was pushed for time that day. So much to do.

No. 2 for me Russell, nice contrast with the light, shade and the colour tones

Thanks Barry. Parks are beautiful and they hold an abundance of images. Calderstones is a park I have been going to for over 50 years and it maintains much of the same feel now as it did then.

I don't know where you get the time. You produce a deluge of brilliant images both from the light box and elsewhere. You also find the time to look at what others do, which this forum needs. I have been living away in a hotel four nights a week so it was easy for me to jump on a Wifi connection and comment. You are doing more than that. More power to your elbow, sir.

No 2 for me Russell. I like how you've used the overhanging branches for framing, I wasn't sure about the tree trunk on the right at first but its in keeping with the framing.

Nice set of peaceful images (y)

Last edited:
Back