NOTICE** Flickr Downtime Tomorrow - Friday

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a heads up, as it may stop already posted images on the forum displaying, flickr is going to be down for around 8 hours tomorrow from around 5am until 1pm for planned maintenance.

In theory the images farms will still be available, so forum images should remain intact, but adding new pics or using the API stuff will be an issue - they are apparently updating the hardware. God elp em!! :D

http://blog.flickr.net/en/2013/09/04/downtime-notice-4/

PLEASE tell us that Marcel has NOTHING to do with the migration... :LOL:

I do as well..lets not get started on the stats but...:bonk:

Anyone know what they were doing ?

yep, lots of new fat hardware apparently. All seems to have gone well and got to admit, after some initial reservations, I have grown to very much like new flickr too.

Yes me too, especially when it picked up a bit of speed, was slower than a slow thing for a while.

Last edited:
Still down for me hope they revert as im not fond of the savage changes they wrought.

Had a brief Panda episode for about 15 minutes but has come back to life now

Seems to be working now apart from the fact that they've lost my potentially Pullitzer winning shot of GW Bush being felched by A Blair... (taken on a disposable camera and that was the only copy of the pic I had since the CIA took the negs and disk)

Give it some bamboo shoots, that'll keep it regular. They get very down when they're constipated.

I like the new look but it's a dog when I want to quickly look in one of my sets (a 1000 images) for a particular image.

I want the little thumbnails back when viewing my sets.

I like the new look but it's a dog when I want to quickly look in one of my sets (a 1000 images) for a particular image.

I want the little thumbnails back when viewing my sets.

Do a search based on title or keyword (y)

Do a search based on title or keyword (y)

That wouldn't work for me.

I'm often just scanning for something in a set that fits that the bill - by that I mean taking a visual scroll through images.

For example - I may be after a pic of dogs using their Dew Claws for turning and I'll want to quickly scroll through a thousand images for one which demonstrates that. They would never have been tagged or named as such though as that wasn't on my mind when saving the image..

Last edited:
But for specific pics that I've named or tagged it's OK.

Gone back to dog slow for me as well, i've tried hard to get use to the "new look" but i just can't be bothered with all the issues that come with it.

It appears that they have stopped sharpening shots during the upload. I never had to sharpen shots before, but have to now.

Sunday afternoon and the Pandas are back....

This outage wasn't planned / notified was it?

Back