Notice : Temporary email problem (Inc NTL)

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
At the moment, we're experiencing issues with our outgoing emails.
Unfortunately Spamcop has taken it upon itself to add our outgoing email server to its spam list. We've had a delist request submitted, but this hasn't as of yet gone through.

This means that a few ISP's....those who use spamcop on their servers....are refusing to let forum emails through.
These are emails like, the email you get when a thread you've subscribed to has a reply, or the email you get when you have a new PM, etc etc.

Everything else is still working fine, it's just that for a handful of people, forum generated emails aren't getting through.

NTL seems to be the major contender, with one or two other single members being affected too, so the problem is only down to a handful of accounts.

If you have any problems, please let me know in here, and I'll keep you updated with the progress. We hope to have it sorted this morning (hopefully).

I may also be sending one or two of you a quick test email, if you get one, can you justhit reply to say you've received it. Thanks.

Much appreciated :)

Marcel.

Forgot to put the coins in the meter yeah?
:p

Nope, matty got over excited with the hamster and whipped him too hard.
We're waiting for the pet shops to open to get his replacement :D

(Matty not the hamster :LOL: )

Nope, matty got over excited with the hamster and whipped him too hard.
We're waiting for the pet shops to open to get his replacement :D

(Matty not the hamster :LOL: )

I thought the Hamster had crashed a Vampire Rocket Car :shrug:

its worth pointing out that its not US that has been blacklisted, its the server. We dont spam people endlessly, every now and again you might get a newsy but its far from regular and its certainly not spam.

Oops, my bad, I forgot to mention that.

Even though we have our own server and IP address, the outgoing email server is shared with other customers of the host, and it's likely that where it came from (I think).

I've just checked the IP address against Spamcop's database and it seems they've removed us :)

So all is back to normal now. Will keep you all informed ifit happens again.

Normally it wouldn't be a problem, as like matty says, we only occasionally send out newsletters by email, and that's it really. It's only because some of you have email notifications on subscribed threads and PM's and may miss replies if they don't get through, so we thought it's best to let you all know :)

Kind Regards

marcel, who's that thug in the square below your name, i think i saw him on crimewatch last week, lol

He's the swine that nicked all my talent :LOL:

marcel, who's that thug in the square below your name, i think i saw him on crimewatch last week, lol

Tis the love child of Wayne Rooney and Phil Mitchell...

Yeah you do look a little intimidating there Marcel, I'll get a photo of you smiling next Saturday and we can put that one up instead. :p

Back