Nottingham in grey. (with a splash of colour)

Bumph GB

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
I`m not much of a urban photographer, as much as i like to see other peoples city scapes i just cant seem to see the shots myself and today was no different.
While the sun was out the camera stayed in my bag, i dont know why but it just didnt feel right. But when the clouds came and the heavens opened though i fealt the urge to whip it out!

1) This was just a typical building shot but when i put it on the computer i noticed the charity mugger about to pounce and decided to highlight it:
Chuggerabouttopounce.jpg

2) Same building, different angle:
1And2More_tonemapped.jpg

3) Not the best angle but a van pulled up just to the left of me ruining the angle of shot:
4And2More_tonemapped.jpg

4) I like this shot but i feel theres something not quite right, i think its because of the distortion but i`m open to any other ideas:
DSC_2481selective.jpg

C&C Welcome, also, does anyone else feel dark clouds suit this sort of shot better than blue skies?

I like these, I was walking through the Market Square on Tuesday night at about 11pm on the way back from the Dolly Parton concert we went to............

Last edited:
I like these...nice series. Number 2 is my favorite. The distortion from the lens adds to the effect, I think.

Try as I may I just can't get to like extreme converging verticals, I always want too straighten them up. Just my pet hate though. I found the charity mugger interesting though, as we were beseiged the other week by a very similar looking and dressed guy knocking our door, and he didn't seem at all kosher to me.

Like the Ideas.. For me this sort of thing works with a dramatic sky... You dont have this, which detracts slightly. The buildings also need more contrast, first 2 in particular.

Try as I may I just can't get to like extreme converging verticals, I always want too straighten them up. Just my pet hate though. I found the charity mugger interesting though, as we were beseiged the other week by a very similar looking and dressed guy knocking our door, and he didn't seem at all kosher to me.

They do seem to have a marmite effect on people, (converging verticals not charity muggers, everyone hates them)

Like the Ideas.. For me this sort of thing works with a dramatic sky... You dont have this, which detracts slightly. The buildings also need more contrast, first 2 in particular.

I`m quite happy with the buildings but i go agree that the skies could`ve done with more detail.

Back