Midlands Nottinghamshire poppy fields

Edit My Images
No
hi everyone, I'm a newbie! I'm currently trying to learn how to take the best pictures I can and really, really want to take my children to a gorgeous poppy field and get some photos of them in it. I'm in Mansfield in Notts. Does anyone know of any poppy fields nearby! I'd be hugely grateful!

Hi and welcome to TP

I am sure other members in your area will pop in and suggest locations

But please bear in mind that most if not 100% of fields with poppies on display will be farm land I.e. private with a growing crop that is the farmers bread & butter so to speak.

Walking through his crop with children possibly running about damaging it will not be welcome. However if there is a designated footpath around (or across???) it gives certain access. So take care how you "use" any access to such a field.

Enjoy the experience of taking the pictures but please treat the countryside with respect :)

Thanks, don't worry, I fully intend to seek permission from the owner if I ever find somewhere!​

image.jpeg If you know Kimberley? Go up past sainsburys, over the A610, then take your first right into Little Lane. Follow it round until the end and you have this....it's a public footpath too

Last edited:
No problem, glad to help.

This was only taken on my iPhone, then tweaked in the PS app. But I'm sure if you go up there with some proper kit and go on a nice day you'll get some cracking shots before they die off.

Back