Now good communication fromMPB!

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
I asked MPB for a price for my Nikon 16-85 against a Tamron !8-270 and received an automatic response offer which I was pleased with. Since then however I have made three attempts to contact them, two e-mails and left a telephone message and up to now (5 days) have not had a reply. It makes me wonder what communication would be if having done the trade I had a problem with the lens. Anyone else had this problem with them.?

First time I tried emailing them it took forever to get a reply. Since then they have been fine and normally reply within a couple of days.

I'd also check your junk folder as my replies ended up there!

Urgh, junk mail folders. An evil necessity.

The number of customers we get calling us complaining they haven't received a reply to an email or an order confirmation, only to find it in the junk folder.

I asked MPB for a price for my Nikon 16-85 against a Tamron !8-270 and received an automatic response offer which I was pleased with. Since then however I have made three attempts to contact them, two e-mails and left a telephone message and up to now (5 days) have not had a reply. It makes me wonder what communication would be if having done the trade I had a problem with the lens. Anyone else had this problem with them.?

Never used the company, but always interested in other experiences.The present thread title will be discoverable on a forum search and isn't really an accurate reflection of what happened. Would it be worth changing the thread title to something like "MPB email goes to junk folder" which might help in the future? :thinking:

I bought an item from them recently, spot on, no problems, and fast delivery.

Just a follow up on my experience with MPB, after eventually finding their replies in my junk folder, I entered into a transaction on a Friday, they quoted me a price for my lens against one of theirs, to which I agreed. My lens was picked up by DPD on the Monday, and had I been available to receive their lens it would have been delivered on the Wednesday. There was a post on here which I now cannot find, asking if MPB paid the price they quoted, in my case they did exactly that. Furthermore, the price they quoted was £1.00 more than the price of the lens I was buying from them and they said they would send me the £1.00!!, in the event I chose a more expensive copy of the same lens and paid the difference.
As a matter of interest, the price they paid me was £50.00 more than the closest offer I had from LCE, and £80.00 more than Grays of Westminster, so although obviously less than I would have got from a private sales, I had tried to sell my lens and had had no interest so the matter was meaningless.
I am very pleased with the service received form MPB, and if I could have fathomed out how to do it would have given positive comments on trustpilot.

Back