Now got 2 DSLR's!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i don't feel that would be fair as i have tried the camera out.

You were more than willing to argue when you tried selling the first 1000D to a private individual that despite taking approx 60 'test shots', you could describe it as BNIB. So what's the difference this time? Just take it back and ask, get a definitive answer either way. Once that's sorted I'm sure there will be plenty more Pentax based issues for you to seek attention with.

Honestly, you could give an asprin a headache.

You were more than willing to argue when you tried selling the first 1000D to a private individual that despite taking approx 60 'test shots', you could describe it as BNIB. So what's the difference this time? Just take it back and ask, get a definitive answer either way. Once that's sorted I'm sure there will be plenty more Pentax based issues for you to seek attention with.

Honestly, you could give an asprin a headache.

I didn't take the other one back, the wife did! :D

Nice comments thanks. :wacky:

Well, my nephew came around this morning and said he may be interested in the 1000D. He is going to ask his dad if he can borrow a bit of money to buy it. Obviously, i will be giving him a good discount off what i am asking for it in the For Sale section. I said he could have it all for £350.

He is going to ring me later. At least i will know it is going to a good home. :crying::crying::crying:

Now who's a lucky person then, wish I had parents / parents-in-law like that to give a headache :LOL:

I know. Usually they are complete morons and have been since i have known them. I think they bought us one because we have a 3.5 year old daughter and we had been talking about saving up and buying a good DSLR for some time. Times have been tough and it was good of them.

I did say to the wife about giving the money from the 1000D sale to her mum and dad but she said they wouldn't dream of it so that will go towards something for the wife and the daughter!

1000D now sold to nephew. He was happy enough to take it with the Non IS lens so that leaves me with the 18-55mm IS lens to sell. Glad he didn't mind the non IS as i paid a fair bit for the IS lens!

1000D now sold to nephew. He was happy enough to take it with the Non IS lens so that leaves me with the 18-55mm IS lens to sell. Glad he didn't mind the non IS as i paid a fair bit for the IS lens!

If you bought the lens on Friday and it's not been used, could you not return it to the shop ??

Well, my nephew came around this morning and said he may be interested in the 1000D. He is going to ask his dad if he can borrow a bit of money to buy it. Obviously, i will be giving him a good discount off what i am asking for it in the For Sale section. I said he could have it all for £350.

He is going to ring me later. At least i will know it is going to a good home. :crying::crying::crying:

They are £350 new so that's not really a discount, mine cost £305 brand new so i would have asked for abit lower considering he is family:thinking:

They are £350 new so that's not really a discount, mine cost £305 brand new so i would have asked for abit lower considering he is family:thinking:

You are wrong. He had other bits too thrown in like a brand new camera bag, an 8gig SDHC, UV filter, screen protector

£305 new!! Lol, must have been body only.

Last edited:
Can we stop this thread now... it's doing my head in! :bang:

What with this and the last one....:bonk: :D

Can we stop this thread now... it's doing my head in! :bang:

What with this and the last one....:bonk: :D

That would be great. There is always someone who like to jump in and spoil an OP's thread and stir things up. Why? I don't know!

You are wrong. He had other bits too thrown in like a brand new camera bag, an 8gig SGHC, UV filter, screen protector

£305 new!! Lol, must have been body only.

I suppose that's not bad then, and no my 1000D came with the kit lens but i get VAT off at Amazon:p

Right Tony.....

Now you have a decent camera with lens how about posting some images for us to see?

I wouldn't give my nephew a bad deal. The bag alone cost me £40, the 8gig card £12, UV filter £18, Pack of screen protectors £5. Plus he has paid me £200 now and then £150 at the end of this month when he gets paid. He has had a good deal.

Right Tony.....

Now you have a decent camera with lens how about posting some images for us to see?

Can't wait. Got to learn to use it now!

If you want to close the thread then that is fine. Cheers guys.

I wouldn't give my nephew a bad deal. The bag alone cost me £40, the 8gig card £12, UV filter £18, Pack of screen protectors £5. Plus he has paid me £200 now and then £150 at the end of this month when he gets paid. He has had a good deal.

Yes i now see it is a fair deal but i didn't realise you had all the other bits and bob's before(y)

I'm just hovering round the sale section waiting for a cheap K-x to come up because the seller wants a Nikon D3000 .. or a Sony A450 ... or .....

Would suit me nicely with my 40mm f2.8 pancake on it, will just about fit in a jacket pocket.

I'd be gutted, I'd never ask my fella to get rid. Unlucky mate.

Its fine as at least i have a DSLR! I am well happy with it. The speed of the AF is superb and i like the inbuilt things like HDR and the Video mode.

The camera is nice and small and a little heavier than the 1000D but it fits in the hand perfectly and i have big hands.

I was concerned about the non lighting up of the AF points originally when i was researching different cameras but to be honest i can't fault the camera.

Can't wait to buy liitle bits and bobs for it now.

I have been recommended to buy some SANYO ENELOOP Rechargeable batteries for it so that is my next purchase plus a nice filter, and a new strap tomorrow!

Is the above charger and batteries good ones to get? Also, i will need a 52mm UV filter. Can someone recommend a good place buy one? Or, if not a UV, which filter / glass to protect the front lens glass?

Thanks

Is the above charger and batteries good ones to get?
Also, i will need a 52mm UV filter. Can someone recommend a good place buy one?
Or, if not a UV, which filter / glass to protect the front lens glass?

do you ever do any research yourself...?

how do you expect to learn if you are spoon-fed the ideas of others..:shake:

do you ever do any research yourself...?

how do you expect to learn if you are spoon-fed the ideas of others..:shake:

Firstly, i have been recommended the Sanyo Eneloop batteries / Charger. I have looked into it but wanted peoples ideas on here.

Secondly, is it not what a forum is for? For one to ask for advice / give advice? Why are you on here except to flame, be a troll?

If you don't have any help then just don't post. Simples!

Being someone new at photography, isn't this the best place for help and guidance?

Last edited:
Firstly, i have been recommended the Sanyo Eneloop batteries / Charger. I have looked into it but wanted peoples ideas on here.

Secondly, is it not what a forum is for? For one to ask for advice / give advice? Why are you on here except to flame, be a troll?

If you don't have any help then just don't post. Simples!

Being someone new at photography, isn't this the best place for help and guidance?

i know where he is coming from though, you are asking an awful lot of questions and even i research using google and then ask for final thoughts on here, oh and i think your "what camera" thread hasn't done your reputation justice either.

i know where he is coming from though, you are asking an awful lot of questions and even i research using google and then ask for final thoughts on here, oh and i think your "what camera" thread hasn't done your reputation justice either.

Well, as a noob to photography i thought it was a good idea to ask on here at the same time as doing research.

I have indeed sifted through many reviews etc. Not everyone is able to decide straight away without getting outside help. I am terrible at it.

I am famous for that thread!! :bonk:

I bet i am asking just as much as the next person who has been on here years but instead, i am asking in a short space of time!

Last edited:
Well, as a noob to photography i thought it was a good idea to ask on here at the same time as doing research.

I have indeed sifted through many reviews etc. Not everyone is able to decide straight away without getting outside help. I am terrible at it.

I bet i am asking just as much as the next person who has been on here years but instead, i am asking in a short space of time!

im not blaming you of asking for your research it's just sometimes this information can be found with a simple search either on google or on here (y)

I know. I do use the search facility but i also like to ask questions. :bonk:

not just that thread - how many other forums did you post that single thread topic on :cautious:

not just that thread - how many other forums did you post that single thread topic on :cautious:

Oh right, so i am only allowed to ask questions here in this forum! I didn't know that, sorry, gee i am so dull.

I will have to remember not to ask similar questions in other forums that i belong to. Thanks for pointing that out 'mate'. :wacky:

So does the Pentax not have a rechargeable battery? Thats a bit of a let down in this day and ages.

So does the Pentax not have a rechargeable battery? Thats a bit of a let down in this day and ages.

yeah it's not very eco friendly however the advantage is that if you and him were out shooting at this very moment and both of you ran out of battery then all tony does is nip to the nearest poundland and have enough batteries to carry on the shoot whereas you would either have to go home and recharge or purchase a more expensive second battery to get some extra shots.

the only downsides to AA is that if your at home and you need batteries then you cannot recharge unless your have rechargeable batteries not to mention it would be a pain to carry alot of AA's for shooting with.

Oh right, so i am only allowed to ask questions here in this forum! I didn't know that, sorry, gee i am so dull.

I will have to remember not to ask similar questions in other forums that i belong to. Thanks for pointing that out 'mate'. :wacky:

not dull, you're quite entertaining.

You are allowed to ask wherever you like, but listening is a good skill to have too :shake:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back