NPS & Whyte Endurance Rd3 - Grizedale

Edit My Images
No
This weekend I went to the National Points Series and Whyte Endurance Round 3 at Grizedale, in the Lakes.

2 great XC events, with top class riders.

Photography-wise, very successful too. Keep rate at about 85%, which for me, was previously unheard of. Very much getting to grips with off-camera flash, but I think I need to get a bit more creative with my composition.

Anyway, here's a few of my faves from the event...

nps1.jpg

nps2.jpg

nps3.jpg

nps4.jpg

nps9.jpg

nps5.jpg

nps6.jpg

nps7.jpg

nps8.jpg

Cheers (y)

Great set Oli! You are really getting to grips with the flash set up. None overflashed and all benefiting.

3 & 5 show the fun and the competition best for me.

What a size of number boards! :eek:

Hi, nice set, 3 & 4 are'nt quite right re flash and a few are a tad soft. 8 I think is the best , would also crop them better ie 2 but overall yeah like them. You using 1 or 2 flashes ?

5 am sure I know that chap, Ian Nimmo maybe??, got him in my portfolio,bloody fast as well.

Iain

Cheers all,

cherryrig, definitely using flash. Agreed that some look a bit flat, but I guess I put that down to it being a very bright day, but rather grey between the sunny spells.

Iain, just the 1 flash. In what way are 3 & 4 not right? And regarding the softness, I've checked back to the originals and all but no.5 are sharp. Does resizing in Photobucket have bad effects? I can see that some don't look sharp, but 2, 8 & 9 definitely do, and they've not been resized.

And yeah, that's Iain Nimmo. 1st in his class!

:D

Ok, I've re-uploaded all the photos that I had re-sized within PhotoBucket.

It's obviously a bad plan to do it that way. I compared the old with the new, in separate browsers, and not only does it affect sharpness, but also colour! Ah well, you live and learn.

Still accept 5 is a little soft though. And maybe 3, but surely the others are improved?

Back