NSRA Hot Rod Drags

Name
Dom
Edit My Images
No
DR_59422-575x383.jpg

A weekend of fun for me no client restrictions just the requirment to go get something a little diffrent from the norm, think I achieved that.
More can be found on the blog
http://blog.modernpics.co.uk/2009/09/28/nsra-hot-rod-drags-picture-post/

Am loving this shot! :clap:

Can I ask how you achieved it? :thinking:

Basicly I hang off the back of the car as it does a run with the shutter held down and just hope for the best. . . . .. or camera is bolted to the car and then pushed down the track, pretty simple really, believe what you want ;-)

PGD haddn't noticed till you mentioned it but its bugging me now, might have a little bit of a play with the exposure.

I really like that as a Drag Racing buff.

It's a shame you are forced to do this under the circumstances you are. It would be fantastic to get a simillar shot from a "Cacklefest stylee" AA/FD fueller with nitro flames coming out of the headers. Come to think of it, you could, as the flames would still be there on tick-over as you pushed the car along to get the motion blur. Just need to fine me a local AA/FD driver now :)

Nice job Zilly

Guy

Thats awesome. Every one of your images has so much thought put into it, that its hard to better them.

thanks guys

Guy. . . . funny you should mention that ;-)
would a twin engine on 95 percent be to your liking or how about a chevy on fuel with the mag fully retarded
the only issue with such a shot is that any big CI motor has massive vibration when you thrown nitro into the mix gets very extreme. The way to combat this is to push the car faster and use a shorted shutter speed, so i need a suitable push car to get the whole set up really moving. but give it time ;)

P.s you have a PM

I too saw this on the blog and thought it was a nicely different set up.

keep up the good work Dom !

Great stuff as usual, actually remembered to subscribe to your blog this time too!

Thanks chaps
not sure what the winter is going to hold for the blog but I have a few ideas on what to talk about and picture posts. Any feed back / stuff you wanna know about is welcome

That's brilliant!
I'm not much of a drag racing fan, but I love that pic. Thanks for posting it :clap:

Back