NTL/Virgin Set-top box advice

R

RobbieW

Hi

I have been a NTL/Virgin customer for the past few years, this was purely because I live in a flat and the only tv aerials avaliable were shared ones which never appeared to work properly. I therefore opted for NTL.

I used to be able to receive the standard terestrial channels through the coax port on the back of the set-top box, which meant I could record channels 1 to 5 whilst still watching something else, which is how video's used to be setup.

My box had to be replaced today as my old one got too hot, must of been during those threee months of rain and no sun :( after having it replaced I am no longer able to get the terestrial channels through the coax port, which has limited what i can record :( :( and watch at the same time. I spoke to Virgin and the helpful lady told me it was not there problem as their box worked.

Does anyone else use this type of setup?

I realsied last week how little I watch of other channels so am tempted to tell Virgin to sling their hook and buy a std aerial.

Thats my moan over with,

I used to get TV aerial signal from the ntl cable ages ago. All I did was disconnect the wire to the box and put a splitter in. One way to the box the other to TV aerial socket on the TV. What box it was didn't matter.

No idea if the signal is still sent down the cable as I've not tried lately.

Get a V+ . There are some things not right about it but once you start recording with it (3 tuners - record 2 channels and watch another) there is no going back :)

I used to get TV aerial signal from the ntl cable ages ago. All I did was disconnect the wire to the box and put a splitter in. One way to the box the other to TV aerial socket on the TV. What box it was didn't matter.

Many Thanks for your reply, just been down to my local Maplin, a few pounds later and I have all the right connectors. Means I can also get the good old fashioned teletext which i would be lost without.

Back