Numpty me needs PSE6 help!!

S

susie

I need to learn to process pictures properly as its depressing looking at the lovely pics in the galleries then at mine :LOL: At the moment I am using PSE6 for some bits but I cannot see much (if any) difference when I try things, plus I really don't know where to start anyway! I also have to use MS paint to resize as PSE seems to do it for the print but not to the whole file!!
Sooo, I am going to get either
Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 Classroom in a Book by Adobe Creative Team
or
The Photoshop Elements 6 Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby and Matt Kloskowski

Its unlikely, but does anyone have both to compare for a numpty with a mental block for processing?

Also, does anyone know of any good basic tutorials around?

One day I will get somewhere with this, I just hope its before I'm 90 :LOL:

Have a look on youtube, there are plenty of video tutorials for each aspect of it :)

Hi Susie. I mainly use PSE6.

May I suggest another book option (the one I use) from Amazon: PSE6 - The Missing Manual

PSE6 is really easy for resizing. Go to Image->Resize->Image Size and then select the pixel dimensions (800 on the longest size on this website!). Ensure the 'Constrain Proportions' box is checked and use the 'Bicubic Sharper' Resample Image option.

Hope this helps (a bit) while you make a decision about a book...

You can also do 'export to new file' direct from the browser and select 800x600 :)

Thanks a lot for the quick replies, I'll look at the missing manual book as well :)

That sorted out my resizing problem, it was the tick resample image box that I was missing - it had not worked the first time I installed the program so I gave up - did not think about trying it again after the reinstall :bang:

I have looked on youtube, and found a few, but the voice drove me nuts on a lot of them, hence trying to find them elsewhere - looks like I will have to find some more tolerance :LOL:

I have looked on youtube, and found a few, but the voice drove me nuts on a lot of them, hence trying to find them elsewhere - looks like I will have to find some more tolerance :LOL:

I know the feeling. We have a CBT environment at work, which is a series of videos. Sends me to sleep withing 5 minutes every time.

I might have a go at the 'missing' book as well. My PP skills badly need sharpening.

i had the same problem, i got a copy of photoshop for dummies and use it more as a kinda referance book, instead of reading it outright, if i get stuck i just flick through it.... iv not read any others so cant comment on them but the one i got works for me... i think it was out before elements 6 ***, but a lot of the stuff is the same..

Well I ordered the missing manual one after my last post, lets hope it works and is written in numpty language!!

Back